SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#444091 - 01/06/18 08:47 AM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By DonM

Saw that in today's paper and immediately showed it to my wife ... I really like that strip ... very true to life ...
I ALWAYS read the comics page, then do the crossword puzzle with another cup of coffee ...

#444094 - 01/06/18 09:00 AM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Funny comic!!

Count me in as a wimp, candy arse or anything else that labels anyone being a snowbird, I don’t mind one iota. smile smile Up until my mid 50s even with this cold you could catch my wife and I on the mountain at Sunday River Ski resort in Maine. The only thing I would have been complaining about is the lifts that took us to our favorite trails were closed because of high winds. That was then this is a different season of life, I don’t mind being in Florida at all even though the high today will only be 54, but Monday we’ll hit 70.

#444105 - 01/06/18 12:01 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#444108 - 01/06/18 12:28 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have no desire to live up north any longer, but I enjoy having a touch cold weather it wakes me up. I walked to my clubhouse and back a few nights ago; about ¾ of a mile. The sun had set, and the winds were blowing – I enjoyed the walk.

Steve are in Florida now – if so where?
John C.

#444109 - 01/06/18 01:24 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

John, We are in central Florida this time and are trying a 2 month stay at The Villages.

#444111 - 01/06/18 02:15 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
John, We are in central Florida this time and are trying a 2 month stay at The Villages.

You could have your golf cart customized with a Pa4x on one side and a Genos on the other ... grin
https://www.google.com/search?q=customiz...041&bih=856

#444115 - 01/06/18 02:22 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, I looked at one of those custom carts for Carol and it cost more than her car. Pretty neat, though.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#444118 - 01/06/18 02:56 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I actually played a wedding once and never left my golf cart!
I live directly on what was (and I hope will be again) Palmetto Country Club, and was a member for many years. I also played a lot of functions there.
In addition to the Clubhouse they had an outdoor wedding venue, which was pretty popular. There was a stage, podium and large awning.
One Sunday I was setting at home and my phone rang. It was the club manager. He said there was a wedding scheduled to start in 30 minutes and the music for which they had contracted failed to show up, and could I help them out.
I loaded my laptop, and a small powered speaker onto my golf cart. I drove over, about 400 yards, parked near the podium, plugged into an extension cord, all just in time to play one love song, then Here Comes the Bride, There Goes the Bride, all on the laptop, and unplug and drive back home. Never got out of the cart. Manager said "How Much" and I said whatever they were paying the guy who didn't show. Turned out it was $400.! Not bad for 3 songs, half an hour total, and I had a front-row seat. I was still in shorts and golf shirt even. Didn't even stay for a slice of wedding cake.
They had recorded music for the reception inside the Club house.

#444120 - 01/06/18 03:03 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

They should have hired you for the reception as well ...

#444128 - 01/06/18 04:25 PM Re: Wishing a Happy, Healthy, New Year ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

You could have your golf cart customized with a Pa4x on one side and a Genos on the other ... grin
https://www.google.com/search?q=customiz...041&bih=856

Don, Great story and gig!

tony, Maybe next year! smile We’ve seen all different models and styles here, today at one the town squares we saw the turquoise colored knock off of the 57 Chevy. There’s another guy where who is a retired fire chief and you guessed it looks like a fire engine.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online