SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#443007 - 12/22/17 06:57 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I get my best sound out of my pair of Yamaha DXR 10 speakers. In stereo... in poles or on the floor as monitors.

I tried the JBL EON One. It was fantastic on music that was pre-recorded. My Pa4X piano sound didn’t sound the way I wanted it to. I had mine for 9 months and then sold it locally. The Maui 5 sounded better for keyboard sounds.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#443012 - 12/22/17 08:32 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
So Fran, how's that Yugo holding up? BTW, hope we can get together at the next meeting of the Flat Earth society smile.

chas

#443015 - 12/22/17 08:51 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#443019 - 12/22/17 09:05 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

9rotf2

I love our members who have a sense of humor and don't take everything personally.

chas

#443021 - 12/22/17 09:10 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
9rotf2

I love our members who have a sense of humor and don't take everything personally.

chas

What do you mean by that!!!!!???? smile

#443022 - 12/22/17 09:17 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

smile

chas

#443024 - 12/22/17 11:17 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Bernie9]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I use a Bose compact or the Space Station. I am curious as to the advantage of the Eon One.

Inputs for one thing. I don’t have to run a separate mixer when my wife sings with me. The Eon One has separate channel EQ controls as well.

That 10 inch sub really produces a nice low end. It’s plenty loud for my needs.

Sound dispersion. In real use it seems I get close to 180 degree spread although the specs say less than that.

I EQ’d my 4X MAXX system to get the best sound I could out of my Eon One and 4X and have been very happy with it.

Only down side I’ve found is that it’s a bit bulky.

One final note...

The MAXX EQ system on the 4X is one of the best EQ systems I’ve worked with..including some outboard mixers.

Just a suggestion, before judging the sound of a PA with the 4X, try EQing the 4X to work with the PA.

I’ve got different MAXX EQ setups for all three of my PA’s. and I think the PA’s really come alive when using the MAXX EQ.

Edited by guitpic1 (12/22/17 11:23 AM)

#443025 - 12/22/17 11:29 AM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
You are correct! I didn’t change the MAXX EQ to fit the system. I guess I was spoiled because with the Yamaha DXR... or my RCF... or my home Yamaha studio monitors... NO EQ adjustments were needed. Flat signal and it sounds fantastic.

I agree on the bulkiness of the EON One. But it did sound great on the pre-program stuff.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#443030 - 12/22/17 12:59 PM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Fran
Sold those Crate KX220s before the move here. They were super powerful and flexible. BUT -- they were 70lbs and didn't have the sound quality of today's systems. Boxy is the term used a lot. Plus they're being on the floor limits your coverage especially singing thru them. When I used one and they could also power two additional speakers I put a 12" PA speaker on a pole along with it.

Shuey. Love,the DXRs but heavy, lots,of wires and those poles I hate. Great system if you don't mind those things.

#443033 - 12/22/17 01:30 PM Re: Mackie Reach Speaker system anyone using? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill here is your review posted at Music 123....

Powerful keyboard amp/PA
By Bill Lewis
from New Jersey
For years I've been using a PA type setup(mixer w/15" cabinets) for my keyboards. To simplify my setups I tried the KX220 and it was so much better I bought a second one for the stereo effect. It has a much punchier and tighter sound for the keys. I do a 0ne-man-band type of performance for parties and with a 12" extension speaker on a stand it handles the bass, drums, keys, vocals, and DJ-ed CD's fine. I also have a Blues/RB trio where I play a Hammond XK3 w/bass pedals and a Roland piano. I usually use 1 KX220 with a stereo line out to the PA to spread the sound a bit. For larger rooms two KX's with no feed to the PA.The KX220 is compact in size, powerful and very versatile. Big wheels make it easy to move.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online