SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#442559 - 12/15/17 02:13 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Donny so much has been said about so many keyboards. Please continue to give your thoughts as you get into your new keyboard; they are needed. It was never one opinion that matters but all opinions – then one can decide.

John C.
PS, don't knock Yamaha they are fantastic for some of us. (smile)

John not knocking Yamaha kbs,.... as you know I've owned almost every Yammy arranger thru the years,.....I just don't see, or hear,
the 2k difference in the latest offering vs the others,... now that is by just watching "DEMOS" etc, and reading a reviews, etc,....in all honesty I would have to play one to make an educated opinion of course. But at this stage of the game I don't see that happening. that said why hasn't Yamaha released their S970 replacement yet?makes you wonder eh? I'm sure it's ready and beyond, don't kid yourself, they know just how to strategize their marketing for maximum game after all making profit is what its all about.,.....could it be they want to see how many genos units can be sold first and the release of the MOTL would lessen that?
just sayin'.....ok let's get back to making music shall we?....
John Merry Christmas to you and yours buddy!!

Edited by Dnj (12/15/17 02:15 PM)

#442560 - 12/15/17 02:34 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: mirza]
Jaruga71 Offline

Loc: Atlanta USA
Originally Posted By mirza
I just got me Ea7.

Congratulations Mirza.

#442561 - 12/15/17 02:47 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By mirza
I just got me Ea7.

Congrats a wise choice....dig in and have fun..

#442563 - 12/15/17 03:04 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Mikem

Just an aside: I remember trying out the Roland bk-7m years ago. More recently (a year ago), I tried the EA-7. I believe the bk-7m sounded better. To confirm, I've listened to both many times on videos. What do you guys who'd owned both think? Thanks.

forget video demos, .....as I said you have to dig into the features, EQ, makeup tool, mastering tools, etc,.. and make it sound the way you want it's all inside both keyboards..if someone is lazy and wants to just play out of the box what the factory gives you buy a Yamaha.

I was just wondering about the out-of-the-box sound quality, not the features or how good they can sound after tweaking.

#442565 - 12/15/17 04:13 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Just an aside: I remember trying out the Roland bk-7m years ago. More recently (a year ago), I tried the EA-7. I believe the bk-7m sounded better. To confirm, I've listened to both many times on videos. What do you guys who'd owned both think? Thanks.

forget video demos, .....as I said you have to dig into the features, EQ, makeup tool, mastering tools, etc,.. and make it sound the way you want it's all inside both keyboards..if someone is lazy and wants to just play out of the box what the factory gives you buy a Yamaha.

I was just wondering about the out-of-the-box sound quality, not the features or how good they can sound after tweaking.

Who is just satisfied with factory sound out of the box? No tweaking? confused1

#442569 - 12/15/17 07:06 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

Who is just satisfied with factory sound out of the box? No tweaking? confused1

We all like to tweak, but that was not my point. I was just curious to know from people with first-hand experience, which of the two sounds better.

#442570 - 12/15/17 08:10 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: Mikem]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mike I had the keyboard version BK5 and the EA7...The EA7 sounds better, it also has better drum kits , and has more effect units ..

#442572 - 12/15/17 08:33 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
...The EA7 sounds better ..

You mean, it sounds better at Donny's house, right?
smile

#442578 - 12/15/17 09:02 PM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: Fran Carango]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Mike I had the keyboard version BK5 and the EA7...The EA7 sounds better, it also has better drum kits , and has more effect units ..

Fran, the BK-5 does not sound as good as the BK-7m. I've compared both at a store, plus, some here have said the same thing a while back. Thanks for your input. smile

#442603 - 12/16/17 08:57 AM Re: Why do I need a 5k Genos When I can....... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Well, I’ve listened to the following demos and I have to say that I’m surprised not in a good way.

Whereas it sounds decent, overall it reminds me where arranger keyboards were about 10 years ago.

Giving that PSR-S770 has a similar price-tag, and it has, well, simply very-very good acoustic and electric guitars, (I can say the same about the rest of the voices and styles), I just don’t see a point to consider this product of Roland. If it’s about tweaking… well, for that purpose there are computers, which are in fact much more affordable.

Sorry, but giving what I hear I find the price for E-A7 sort of offensive.

I’d love If I was proven wrong, but not with words – with demos. If fact, I have to say that going to a store and trying the keyboard itself is not always safer than relying on watching YouTube. Because after making the whole trip to a store, then being distracted by surroundings – usually it prevents me from seeing a “real” picture. So I started to give more credit to sitting home listening to the demos being relaxed and attentive. Frankly, I find it challenging as well.

Yet, the performance in the start of the topic is indeed a good one, I love the passion.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online