SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#441885 - 12/04/17 09:46 AM More SD9 Problems.a
stkeys Offline

I just tried loading in a style From the USB stick on the SD9. The style was a .PAT format but the SD9 asked if I wanted to convert it so I clicked yes, up pops the message "Conversion in progress, please Wait"
Normally this would only take a couple of seconds but this time it stayed on. Turns out it had frozen the keyboard completely.

Only solution was to power off.

Any other SD9 owners had this problem when loading styles from USB?

Edited by stkeys (12/04/17 09:46 AM)

#441902 - 12/04/17 02:59 PM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: stkeys]
stkeys Offline

It must have been a bad Style that froze the keyboard because I've been converting more styles today without any problems :o)

#441916 - 12/04/17 11:02 PM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: stkeys]
ajodanimario Offline

Loc: espaņa
The same thing happened to me when trying to convert an HQ style that I kindly contribute henni to createsongstyles. in the audya well but sd9 freezes, has been one of the deceptions of ketron with this keyboard, to say that it was completely compatible with all of the audya, many styles can not be converted, people who have sold their audya to take everything in sd9 they have a problem, I'm not saying it's bad, it's a bestial machine sd9, but I still adore my Audya. both.

#441917 - 12/04/17 11:17 PM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: stkeys]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

I find that most styles that I've converted can no longer be opened by the Audya Style Compiler. It complains about a divide by zero error. I took this up with Ketron direct and off course they could not be bothered to respond.

I am sure that this is the cause of it. Also, the HIQ styles will not play properly on the newer OS versions. I had to revert to installing a obsolete older OS version, no longer available, for these styles to play properly on my Audya. Once again, as can be expected, Ketron refused to answer me on this topic also.

I would very much like an SD9. However, some of the senior members of this forum did not like it and went back to their Audyas instead. They informed me privately about this.

I find that amongst previous Audya owners, there are certainly mixed feelings about the SD9. It seems that from anything to the SD9 is WOW, but apparently not so from the Audya to the SD9.

Henni

#441921 - 12/05/17 01:32 AM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: stkeys]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Good to know, I will stick to my good old Audya 76.

#441931 - 12/05/17 08:20 AM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: stkeys]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, I don't own the SD9 Pro and never owned the Audya but I do own two SD7s. Henni's styles have never converted to my SD7. I downloaded thousands of the Ketron legacy styles and about 98% of them converted and played with no issues at all. There were some that would not convert and some that frooze the SD7 and it had to be rebooted. I did not see this as a real problem but others do. I gig with the SD7s almost daily and have yet to encounter a problem on a gig. But, I don't "experiment" on gigs and know the styles, mp3s, or midi files will all play when needed.

Deane

#441941 - 12/05/17 02:33 PM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: hammer]
stkeys Offline

Having the Audya5 Ajamsonic and Audya4 ( without Ajamsonic ) and recently the SD9 I can see why players who sold their Audya to replace it with the SD9 might be sorry.

The SD9 sounds excellent and I'm loving the Launchpad even though I've only just started to scratch the surface of what it can do but I still find some of the styles on the Audya that are not on the SD9 great to groove to.

One thing I'm really hating about the SD9 is the incredibly small power button. I have a 2 tier setup with the SD9 on the bottom and a shelf on the top with my Laptop on. Reaching over and blindly feeling for the tiny button to power down is a pain in the rear.

It would be fine if I could just switch it on and off from the Plug board at the side of me but the manual warns you to not turn the power off until the keyboard has been turned off.... Only wish it had the same kind of Power Rocker switch as the Audya range, much easier to find.

#441960 - 12/06/17 01:49 AM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: stkeys]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Is there any compelling reason to buy an SD9 if one has an Audya 76, besides Launchpad, that I probably would not use?

#441965 - 12/06/17 05:28 AM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: stkeys]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Here's my take on it:

It seems as if Ketron deliberately do not want users to create new styles for their products. I offered to send one of my modified styles to them for analyses. All they had to do was to inform me what caused the divide by zero error.

Now I even hear that my HIQ styles, in which I invested many, many midnight hours, would not convert to the SD9.

In this regard Yamaha shines - they realize that their users would forever create new styles and tweak existing ones and they do not limit you in any way to do this. And instead of this working against them, it actually works for them. There must be two hundred thousand or even more extra styles freely available on the Inet for the Yamahas. They even released their Mega Enhancer software to add Mega voice effects to ordinary midi styles.

How Ketron cannot have the same attitude is really above me. They are shooting themselves in the foot by making it so difficult to create new styles by their ordinary users.

That does not mean I will not upgrade to the SD9 - I will as soon as finances allow. But now I will also have to hang onto my Audya in order not to loose all the effort I put into creating those HIQ styles.

Really, such a pity indeed. And all Ketron has to do is just change their "no care" attitude... Investing only a few minutes to their loyal end users could change so much!

Henni

#442091 - 12/07/17 09:33 AM Re: More SD9 Problems.a [Re: Henni]
stkeys Offline

Henni, will the Audya Style Compiler software not work for creating Ketron SD styles?

Once you have your basic Style in Midi format with all the correct markers and imported into the User Folder on the SD range you can always add Audio Drums, Grooves and Live Guitars ( SD9 ) to improve on the Style. Or go into Style Modeling and really get creative.

I find it much easier to get creative with "Style Modeling" on the SD range than it was to edit styles on the Tyros. Although I did enjoy adding Multipads to styles on the Tyros and saving them as Registrations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online