SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#441364 - 11/24/17 12:57 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj
also bachus talk is cheap on forums maybe you should post some live demo examples to show what your talking about,...this would back up your opinions and show it's not just mr know it all talk ( no offense) if you know what I mean,..I see this alot on different boards just a short video demo or pictures,.. is worth a thousands words.....

But i will keep this in mind..
I dont have a video camera, but when possible a quick iphone video could definately help point out some things.

Great I look forward to anything you offer in audio or iPhone video to demonstrate your point and so will many others too.....take care

#441887 - 12/04/17 10:59 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

If Yamaha ever womdered what a sound engine for Genos should look and feel like..
Check out this 3rd party editor for Montage..

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/511/yamaha-montage-performance-editor-released

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441889 - 12/04/17 11:15 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I don't know, Bachus. Most everyone I have read that has purchased a Genos seems to absolutely love what they are hearing. And, with no editing involved the Genos really sounds great. I guess it all boils down to what you intend to do with the keyboard - play music for your own enjoyment and entertain audiences from all walks of life, or spend your time creating and tweaking sounds using the keyboard and PC. For me, I just want to play music, though I have tweaked a few sounds over the years, but nothing major.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#441894 - 12/04/17 11:51 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I don't know, Bachus. Most everyone I have read that has purchased a Genos seems to absolutely love what they are hearing. And, with no editing involved the Genos really sounds great. I guess it all boils down to what you intend to do with the keyboard - play music for your own enjoyment and entertain audiences from all walks of life, or spend your time creating and tweaking sounds using the keyboard and PC. For me, I just want to play music, though I have tweaked a few sounds over the years, but nothing major.

All the best,

Gary cool

Noboddy is asking about this feature on psr tutorial..
Thats because they probably all moved to other instruments that do allow so..

And guess what, this is exactly the group of people Yamaha would like to pull back into buying a Genos... and then they forget a feature like this..

Yamaha created the perfect instrument for the typical Tyros5 player... true... but they forget about other people that want the sound quallity and style quallity of the Genos, combined with more pro features... thats where my criticisme comes from.... and only because Yamaha itselves claims that Genos is the perfect tool for composers..

#441898 - 12/04/17 01:36 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My point exactly. The Genos IMO, would be great for someone that performs on stage, or in the hands of a composer who does not wish to tweak and tune each and every sound - for them it would be perfect. Now, for those that wish to spend their time tweaking and tuning, I really don't think an arranger keyboard is their tool of choice, but instead software based synths may be the answer. But, that's just my opinion and a NON-tweaking and tuning person that has only successfully created a single song and posted it here on this forum.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#441908 - 12/04/17 04:46 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: travlin'easy]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Good point Gary. I remember in the old days with my emulator II and my Roland s-50, I’d spend hours sampling and tweaking sounds to create the perfect jingle.

By the time I was done tweaking...I was ready for bed!

#441913 - 12/04/17 09:55 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Now, for those that wish to spend their time tweaking and tuning, I really don't think an arranger keyboard is their tool of choice, but instead software based synths may be the answer.

Gary cool

Thats an assumption, thats not really true. Probably based on your own needs. There where dozens of people on the PSR tutorial forums looking for exactly this in an arranger.

Its Yamaha's aim to sell more Genos to different groups of musicians, and to do so they have to add the things the none typical arranger player likes.

Thast been the whole point of this discussion from the start,

I dare take it one step further. IF someone would add an arranger in the form of the Ketron launchpads to any Workstation, it would sell like nothing else before..

#441977 - 12/06/17 07:20 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
maartenb Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By Bachus
- There is a foot switch option for "Half Fill" which means if you have a 2/4 in the middle of a 4/4, you can trigger a half fill and move seamlessly [..]
But it doesn't work. The foot switch when pressed simply does nothing.

You press the foot switch and keep it pressed. Now you trigger a Fill with the Main Variations buttons and the fill will be played with only count 3 and 4 (thus a half bar).

Maarten

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online