SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#441463 - 11/26/17 04:08 PM Best Genos demo yet
agoldstraw Offline

Helps if you know a little French, but still... the arpeggiator section from 28' is particularly interesting, I think...

#441468 - 11/26/17 08:00 PM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: agoldstraw]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I saw this video a few days ago, and hesitated to share it because it's in French. However, the sound quality is very good, so I'm glad you shared it. smile

#441474 - 11/26/17 10:57 PM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem
I saw this video a few days ago, and hesitated to share it because it's in French. However, the sound quality is very good, so I'm glad you shared it. smile

Music has no language

This was a very good demo indeed..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441483 - 11/27/17 04:35 AM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: agoldstraw]
Dnj Offline

I would much rather see and listen to the every day player in his home demonstrating the genos without the studio enhanced fluff....lets be real here and see what it can do in the hands of real players in any language.

#441484 - 11/27/17 04:50 AM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I would much rather see and listen to the every day player in his home demonstrating the genos without the studio enhanced fluff....lets be real here and see what it can do in the hands of real players in any language.

This one YouTube Channel has many such demos, Donny. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/barber1965/videos

#441485 - 11/27/17 05:05 AM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: agoldstraw]
Mikem Offline

This man has made several Genos demos. Before that, he had a Tyros 5. You can easily compare keyboards:

https://www.youtube.com/user/petrygilles/videos

#441486 - 11/27/17 05:08 AM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: agoldstraw]
Mikem Offline

Another home user. He's playing, "He Ain´t Heavy, He´s My Brother":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZOFGdCRnjw

Edited by Mikem (11/27/17 05:09 AM)

#441489 - 11/27/17 05:26 AM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: agoldstraw]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It can still be professional players doing the demo/playing, but instead of external recording just use the inbuilt audio recorder (Without any external editing of the final sound) and post this online. (Most organ/keyboard manufactures/dealers in Europe (Bohm, Bemore etc.) do it like this so that a potential user can see what they can achieve with the instrument, (With practice) rather than something they can never achieve without the extra expense (And expertise) on external equipment) This is why I take online pro demos with a pinch of salt (And my comments relate to this) and don’t come to a final conclusion until I have tried it myself. (Too many people get sucked in with these pro demos (Or worse still buy because it has a particular badge on it) and then become disillusioned when they can’t achieve the same result)

Bill

#441490 - 11/27/17 05:45 AM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: abacus]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
It can still be professional players doing the demo/playing, but instead of external recording just use the inbuilt audio recorder (Without any external editing of the final sound) and post this online. (Most organ/keyboard manufactures/dealers in Europe (Bohm, Bemore etc.) do it like this so that a potential user can see what they can achieve with the instrument, (With practice) rather than something they can never achieve without the extra expense (And expertise) on external equipment) This is why I take online pro demos with a pinch of salt (And my comments relate to this) and don’t come to a final conclusion until I have tried it myself. (Too many people get sucked in with these pro demos (Or worse still buy because it has a particular badge on it) and then become disillusioned when they can’t achieve the same result)

Bill

First of all, the way some of these guys play is not very professional.

Second, they are clearly playing from home.

Third, you can read first-hand reviews posted on this and other forums. So far, the majority have said that the Genos sounds incredible, and better than the Tyros 5.

Lastly, like you said, trying one out in person is the way to go. It's the only way to quell naysayers.

#441493 - 11/27/17 06:13 AM Re: Best Genos demo yet [Re: Mikem]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNDQ5gpLrUY&t=3818s

another franch demo with a superb proffessional , that made his homework , to me it shows the capability of the genos ' in one word - wow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online