SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#441309 - 11/23/17 12:47 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: musicforyourday]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By musicforyourday
All I can say is Stay Tuned many of the things you are looking for are coming !!!!!!

To Genos or to another instrument?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441312 - 11/23/17 01:03 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Bachus: you are incredibly gifted at understanding technology and finding short comings.
Where people might find your posts offensive are some of the editorial comments that cloud your observations.

Phrases like “makes it a toy”, “useless”, should of had this, should of had that, probably aren’t going to sit well with someone who just spent 5k for their dream machine.

No disrespect Bachus. Your obviously talented with gear. Hope you can find a balance.

#441319 - 11/23/17 03:07 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

also bachus talk is cheap on forums maybe you should post some live demo examples to show what your talking about,...this would back up your opinions and show it's not just mr know it all talk ( no offense) if you know what I mean,..I see this alot on different boards just a short video demo or pictures,.. is worth a thousands words.....

Edited by Dnj (11/23/17 03:08 PM)

#441327 - 11/23/17 08:44 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Bachus: you are incredibly gifted at understanding technology and finding short comings.
Where people might find your posts offensive are some of the editorial comments that cloud your observations.

Phrases like “makes it a toy”, “useless”, should of had this, should of had that, probably aren’t going to sit well with someone who just spent 5k for their dream machine.

No disrespect Bachus. Your obviously talented with gear. Hope you can find a balance.

Really?

You are not serious about this?
Are you?

How else should i phrase that something fails in my opinion?

Someone that just spend 5k should enjoy what he has just bought. I might end up buying a Genos myself. You hould try and read my posts again, i allways ballance things, by praising the good and criticising the bad. Just try and find me a single post where i tell people that the Genos is bad? No, i just point out the good and the bad. And well yes if the good is incredible. The bad can be useless to me because of a design flaw.

I seriously don’t see anything wrong..

what i don’t undersand is people wanting to close their eyes to the reallity. Because many people seem to want to sit in their bubble. And don’t want to hear anything bad. Nothing my friend is perfect in this world. Not me. And not the Genos. And nothing ever will. And thats not a bad thing. But having a drive to improve things will in the end be what makes the world and yamaha instruments a better place. And if it requires colofull language to point things out. So be it. Its just my opinion, altough it might hurt people because often they are based on actuall facts.

#441328 - 11/23/17 08:48 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
also bachus talk is cheap on forums maybe you should post some live demo examples to show what your talking about,...this would back up your opinions and show it's not just mr know it all talk ( no offense) if you know what I mean,..I see this alot on different boards just a short video demo or pictures,.. is worth a thousands words.....

How can i make a video of something that i don’t own?

No, i don’t do video’s..
I did do a drawing earlier this week..

But i will keep this in mind..
I dont have a video camera, but when possible a quick iphone video could definately help point out some things.

Edited by Bachus (11/23/17 08:49 PM)

#441332 - 11/23/17 09:49 PM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

First off, this post was not meant to be about PSR tutorial, internal affairs.
But it is about the Genos.. and making it more workstationy... as thats what is written on the box.

I still don't know why i got banned.
Yes, people complained.

But i allways kept inside the rules

Quote:

Purpose

This forum is devoted to music news and issues relating to Yamaha Arranger keyboards (Genos/Tyros, PSR-S/PSR-E/PSR). It is intended for owners (or potential owners) of these keyboard and is dedicated to helping owners understand how their keyboards work and how to get the most out of their Yamaha keyboards. Information or questions relating to other keyboards are permitted if they are of reasonable interest to this forum’s members, are done in moderation and do not either heavily promote other brands or infer that Yamaha keyboards are a poor choice.

Posting Content

Postings related to completely off topic issues, such as politics, religion or culture, do not belong in the PSR Tutorial Forum. Be aware that this forum has participation from people who have a wide range of nationalities, ethnic backgrounds and religious affiliations and members should avoid anything that could be offensive in that context.

Members must be polite and courteous at all times. Posts that contain rude or foul language, are argumentative, or criticize others are not permitted and may be edited or deleted by the moderators. Repeated or flagrant abuses of forum guidelines can result in membership termination.

When responding to a posting, please stay on the subject of the thread. If you would like to introduce a new subject, you are free to do so, but add your new topic in whatever category/board seems most appropriate. This makes it much easier to find relevant information later. Moderators may move topics that are not posted in the appropriate board.

Members may use the “Classified Ads” board to post messages about music-related items they have to sell. While anyone may refer to particular vendors in their messages, commercial advertising, solicitation, or links are not permitted and will be removed by the moderators.

I don't see how and where i didn't stick to their forum rules.
I only know people complained about my posts.

I think the quoted post above was a sour thorn in someone's pelt.
And when i posted in it again after 2 weeks
And it came back on top, he might have exploded.

Personally i think all the fuzz has been about me maintaining this single post of "Constructive" criticism.

But enough is enough....
Lets talk about the Genos again...

I am mostly interested how it compares to the PA4x and the SD9 pro
My first hands on with Genos about 2 weeks ago, gave me the idea that it sounded much more live (in many of the styles where such is intended) then the Tyros5. Personally i ended up that in many styles they wanted the Genos much more like the Pa4x. While in other styles (clsassical, big band, movie etc etc) they improved what was allready brilliant in the T5

Sadly i will not be able to test it before christmass
Real live is to busy to travel to Music Store
But i will in the periode between Christmass and New Years eve.

There is quite a lot of features that would make each of these 3 instruments an interesting buy.. Genos with its ensemble features, Pa4x with all the workstation features, or SD9 with the latest innovation in styles(Launch pad)

Only a direct comparrisson tough, can decide on the sound quality preference question.

Edited by Bachus (11/23/17 09:58 PM)

#441338 - 11/24/17 05:09 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dude, why do you keep ruffling feathers? Maybe that is why you keep getting banned. Just play your Pa4x and be done with it and don't bother with the Genos. You keep hemming and hawing about this and that regarding the Genos and comparing it to this and that. Either you fall in love with a keyboard or you don't. The proof is in writing a check to purchase it. Just move on and play what you have and make great music. There are 3 main keyboards with their own ecosystem; Korg, Yamaha, Ketron. Pick one and stick with it; like Donny does. ;-)

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#441340 - 11/24/17 05:27 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: kbrkr]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
How perfect is the Genos?
About as perfect as the people who play them.

John C.

#441354 - 11/24/17 09:54 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: Bachus]
deb Offline

Loc: netherlands
As a Genos player I can say the Genos is an excellent arrangerkeyboard .

Bachus ,

After reading your messages about the Genos from the moment
on which nobody has seen or heared it I think now that
you hate Yamaha Keyboards .
Maybe you hate all kinds of keyboards .

The only thing you try to do is keeping away musicians from
the Genos .

I think you are on every Arranger Forum the wrong man on
the wrong place .

Edited by deb (11/24/17 10:15 AM)

#441355 - 11/24/17 10:43 AM Re: So how perfect is The genos? [Re: deb]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By deb
As a Genos player I can say the Genos is an excellent arrangerkeyboard .

Bachus ,

After reading your messages about the Genos from the moment
on which nobody has seen or heared it I think now that
you hate Yamaha Keyboards .
Maybe you hate all kinds of keyboards .

The only thing you try to do is keeping away musicians from
the Genos .

I think you are on every Arranger Forum the wrong man on
the wrong place .

So you make it personal?

And attack me..
I think that says more about you then about me

I have said more possitive things about the arranger part of the Genos then anyone else..
Yamaha hater? Really?
Did you specifically come to this forum to attack me?

Maybe you should accept the fact that other people have different opinions..
And are open minded towards several brands of arrangers, as they all have their strong and weak points... and the Genos is no exception to that.

Edited by Bachus (11/24/17 11:07 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online