SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#441196 - 11/21/17 09:01 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Sometimes to create value, the manufacturer inflates the MSRP. You can’t tell me that a pair of shoes sold at Louis Vuitton is worth $1000. You can go to Payless and get a $20 pair shoes that are just as uncomfortable as the Louis Vuitton shoes.

When my wife got her first Masters degree… We went to the Louis Vuitton store and bought a $700 purse. It wasn’t about a purse… It was about the status. It showed two other people that you have expendable income to buy the best named purse 👜 available.

Three years from now, the Genos will be selling below $2500 when they announce the replacement. I have a Tyros 2 I can’t sell because the screen is messed up. $600 to replace the screen... it was from 2004.

Value is perception!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#441201 - 11/21/17 12:16 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Some do - some don't! Carol thinks the yacht was too expensive. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#441221 - 11/21/17 11:41 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
It is too expensive because I cannot afford it.

wink

As simple as that.

#441224 - 11/22/17 12:57 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: adimatis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By adimatis
It is too expensive because I cannot afford it.

wink

As simple as that.

Well, you also can't afford that luxurious Mercedes thats currently on offer with 50% off

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441229 - 11/22/17 04:37 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
its relatively too expensive compared to other TOTL arrangers that can do a very similar job for much less money. But its not too expensive or there would not be so many people on this board spending their money on it.

#441231 - 11/22/17 05:39 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Their strategy is to wait and extract all monies for genos for a while and then in a year or so release the more comfortable less featured MOTL S series replacement (baby genos) at a lower cost for the people who cant afford genos & want a 61 key version...as for me ie seen and heard enough........
my verdict is to stay with KORG all the way.

#441232 - 11/22/17 07:53 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By spalding1968
its relatively too expensive compared to other TOTL arrangers that can do a very similar job for much less money. But its not too expensive or there would not be so many people on this board spending their money on it.

Its much more expensive then the Korg pa4x.
while missing quite a lot of the functionality the pa4x offers.

And yet, it sells much much better then Korg could ever dream.

Where it comes to pricing, and making both dealers as well as their instrument owners quite happy. Yamaha is the king. I guess its a community thing. However i have found that Yamaha owners frown upon criticism against Yamaha. Its not accepted to be overly critical in both their arranger as well as their pro synth community. Which is quite the opposite of the Korg community. In all aspects.

Personally i think Yamaha does not welcome my attitude of saying praise where praise is earned, but also being critical where Yamaha under-performs.

What hurts me, is the fact that Yamaha's most expensive mobile instrument does not offer all and everything Yamaha has to offer. And i think its strange the community accepts such.

Yamaha not even uses 50% of the hardware resources the Keyboard has to offer. If Apple would do such a thing, the whole world would speak shame of apple. Yet the Yamaha community is blindly accepting this. Cursing everyone that speaks out loud. thats something i can not understand. Because its this attitude of acceptance that withholds Yamaha from performing their best. Spreading their technology thin over several instruments..

In my vision, the top product of a company should offer all they have to offer... Thats what for example the Korg Kronos is all about (when it was released 7 years ago)

So while i dont think the Genos is to expensive..
I do think it should offer much more for that money..

I know it sounds strange, but thats the way i see things.
Currently my musical soul says Want want want.
But my mind says.. No..
Since i will not make the decision before spring..
I am still wondering who will win, my heart or my Brains.

Edited by Bachus (11/22/17 07:55 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441239 - 11/22/17 08:32 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
[quote=spalding1968]

Its much more expensive then the Korg pa4x.
while missing quite a lot of the functionality the pa4x offers.

NUFF SAID! clap

#441240 - 11/22/17 09:14 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
When I was into motorcycling, I drove a Jap bike while many of my friends drove Harleys. I would have loved to buy a Harley, just to be part of the club. Even though I could afford Harley, the practical side of my brain said stay with a bike that costs less and works better...less troubles.

I still own Yamaha keyboards, just haven’t bought into the club status(Genos)yet.

That said, I still might do the Genos thing with the full understanding that it’s the status/community thing I’m paying for.

#441242 - 11/22/17 10:40 AM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
When I was into motorcycling, I drove a Jap bike while many of my friends drove Harleys. I would have loved to buy a Harley, just to be part of the club. Even though I could afford Harley, the practical side of my brain said stay with a bike that costs less and works better...less troubles.

I still own Yamaha keyboards, just haven’t bought into the club status(Genos)yet.

That said, I still might do the Genos thing with the full understanding that it’s the status/community thing I’m paying for.

Hurry before Genos 2 rumors start up lol

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online