SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#441120 - 11/20/17 02:16 AM Re: cutest GOOD bass player I've seen. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
As good as she obviously is, she could enhance her stage presence immeasurably by getting rid of that sneer and having more "Cute Moments". OOH maybe hard rockers prefer that image.

#441124 - 11/20/17 04:50 AM Re: cutest GOOD bass player I've seen. [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
What some people see as a "sneer", others just see as being 'into' the music. A lot of musicians effect facial expressions while performing; they're just feeling the music, not trying to project an image (ever watch B.B. King?). I think we're getting way to picky about things that have little to do with talent. In general, the 'get off my lawn' crowd tends to be overly critical of their younger counterparts (as though we weren't exactly the same when we were their age smile ). She's cute AND she's talented; that's more than most of US can say. JMO.

chas

#441128 - 11/20/17 05:31 AM Re: cutest GOOD bass player I've seen. [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Example of a musician with facial expressions while playing. Listen at least to the end of the first tune and tell me which you think is more important, a new Genos or a new music teacher smile. As has been stated many times before, it ain't the keyboard, it's the keyboardist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJdSRIlDUg&sns=em

My guitar player sent me this clip of Joey as he is a friend of the guitarist in the clip. Not bad for a 60 yr.old 'electronic keyboard'. Damned thing does't even have a chord sequencer or a transpose button. Oh well.

chas

#441129 - 11/20/17 05:36 AM Re: cutest GOOD bass player I've seen. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

alot of that so called facial stuff is fake,...as many that I see just "turn it on or off at will" the second the music starts or they are playing I'm sorry but it looks so phoney most times IMO..

#441138 - 11/20/17 08:35 AM Re: cutest GOOD bass player I've seen. [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By cgiles
this clip of Joey

Joey D was at a wedding I played when he was about 10 yrs old, and his Dad came up and asked me if his son could sit in on my gear ... (solo act - might've been an early Roland E something .... EM2000, maybe?) Anyway - I asked him what he wanted to do, he said "Misty ... up, swing. Just give me a walking bass, organ and a drum beat" - WOW - even at 10, this kid could swing. Very cool memory. Wonder if he tells his friends that he played with Uncle Dave? (naw) smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online