SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#440763 - 11/11/17 02:29 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
...”will this purchase make me anymore money”

Well,
not everybody play for income anymore, some of us just buy for personal frustration, joy and happiness.... wink
Weekend gigs is swapped for recreation and family affairs down the highway to what's left of our life.
If equipment we buy sounds heavenly right out of the box, it's just a big bonus. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#440764 - 11/11/17 02:35 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Thanks everyone for your personal response. You all have so much experience and wisdom to add...As I mentioned years ago, we have so many excellent keyboard choices! Like I said I'm a 69 old want-a-be,but I'm happy I can still learn and Improve...Off soon to a local coffee House Jam about a 1000 ft from my home. Just to enjoy all levels of skill. Of course I'm just going to Listen and have fun...Maybe some coffee too!

#440765 - 11/11/17 02:36 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yeah jingleman, they'd be flying out the door for sure if Yammie reduced the price to be competitive with the Pa4x. Korg really does have the advantage in more ways than one. The TC Helicon vocal harmonizer on the Pa4x is another example of why people might choose Korg instead of the Genos.

All the best,

Mike

#440772 - 11/11/17 04:50 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: keybplayer]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
I suppose Yamaha might be a little embarrassed if the Genos were cheaper than a Tyros 5

#440773 - 11/11/17 04:56 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
They both sound fantastic. It's like Cadillac vs Lincoln, or chocolate vs vanilla ... they both have their loyal buyers. Taking sound (subjective term) out of the equation, here's just looking at a few practical sales incentives:
1) Price - Korg wins
2) Size - Korg wins
3) Vocal Processor - Korg, hands down

So, as history has shown us, People will buy what they like. There's an A** for every seat, and I'm sure the Genos will be a success. I just think you'll see more Korgs on stages. Just my thoughts.

#440776 - 11/11/17 05:00 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
1) Styles - Yamaha wins
2) instrument voices - Yamaha Wins
3) Vocal processor - it's a tossup and depends more upon the singer than anything else

This could go on all night, but not for me, need to refill my Honey Bourbon. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440777 - 11/11/17 05:03 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

1) Styles - Yamaha wins
2) instrument voices - Yamaha Wins
3) Vocal processor - it's a tossup and depends more upon the singer than anything else

1 & 2 - too subjective. That's why I left them out.
3 - not even close .... and I'm sober.
smile

#440779 - 11/11/17 05:04 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, you know as well as I do that you would sound great singing through any arranger's vocal processor. smile

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440781 - 11/11/17 05:07 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

You old snake charmer, you!

#440782 - 11/11/17 05:09 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
You got a point there jingleman. I realize Yamaha is in business to make money and it's a case of supply and demand. The Genos sounds fantastic but Yamaha is able to charge so much because a lot of people are willing to fork over big bucks at the drop of a hat. Which is fine and dandy if it meets their needs.

Yamaha would have to have a big change of heart to drop the price substantially and I don't see that happening any time soon because Yamaha will probably sell a boat load of them which gives them more of an incentive to keep charging an arm and a leg for the new Genos line just like they did for later versions of the Tyros line. Yamaha is already working on Genos 2 as we speak but we'll probably have to wait 3 or 4 more years before they hit the stores. At that time Yamaha may have "seen the light" and decide to substantially reduce the price of Genos 2 but again that's a BIG if and the more likely scenario will be they'll probably further increase the price especially if the current Genos sells like hotcakes which it very well may do.

All the best,

Mike

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online