SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#439964 - 10/27/17 12:31 PM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: pastroccio]
Ingres Offline

Loc: FWI
... and don't forget how realistic are the styles : 8, 16 or 32 measures with slight differencs inside (not straight) for drums, bass, ... like my Audya.

#440030 - 10/28/17 01:02 PM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: pastroccio]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By pastroccio
Bachus, I don't know about module, there is a sd40 like sd7
Ketron is not big like yamaha, it's little, in Italy, but for me make the best arranger, natural, easy ecc.
You want the best right sound ? ok maybe genos is the best. but not editable, if you want program, edit full sound you need pa4x
You need 3 keyboards for have the best. You must decide what you need and what you like. I read some like "sd9 styles is not so complete like yamaha ecc)... my answere is that with modelling of sd9 you can make a style in a minute, you can have user audio drum live guitar. that make the different. I think Ketron idea is for the arranger... Maybe the keyboards is like a girls.. You prefer blonde, I prefer slim ecc

The thing tht makes Ketron really interesting is modules...
I know for ome that overhere in Holland the sd40 sold better then the sd7
Just seems logical that there will be a high end module
Just like there was an audya 4..

For people playing stage piano’s or accordeon or guitar.. a module is the only way to go..

Just ask them when they will release a module, and tell them not to cut any features like they did on sd40 compared to sd7..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441886 - 12/04/17 10:35 AM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: Bachus]
stkeys Offline

"tell them not to cut any features like they did on sd40 compared to sd7"

Bachus, what features did they cut from the SD7 on the SD40?
I'm curious as I own the SD40.

#441915 - 12/04/17 10:38 PM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: Bachus]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
The things that I don't like what they did with the SD40 is the elimination of important arranger physical buttons like intro, reintro, endings, sync start/stop etc and made them screen-based that virtually inaccessible when you're displaying lyrics! Intros and mic/harmonizer volumes, harmony types are still not saved on registrations. Piano sustain are messed up when re saving SMFs. Other than these, it's a great arranger module.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#442007 - 12/06/17 10:52 AM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: stkeys]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By stkeys

Some of the dejay and player functions of the sd7 never made it to the sd40

http://keyszone.boards.net

#442085 - 12/07/17 09:21 AM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: Bachus]
stkeys Offline

Quote:

Some of the dejay and player functions of the sd7 never made it to the sd40

Ahhh ok, I don't use those features so no great loss for me.

thanks.

#442163 - 12/08/17 06:29 AM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: stkeys]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Originally Posted By stkeys

There are no Ram sounds on the SD40 so it is NOT an SD7 in module form.

#442165 - 12/08/17 06:40 AM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: Bachus]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
I will believe these improvements when I see them.

As the owner of a Midjpro, I am still waiting for a fix so that the module remembers edited sounds when used in a style or registration.
You can edit a right hand sound, save it in either a style or a registration and when you reload it, it gives you the original un-edited sound.

Also, there is no way to access edited sounds without leaving style mode and voice mode and then you have to go into the Hard Drive file manager.

What is the point of being able to edit sound if you can't use them?

Ketron now has another disappointed user who will not buy another until they make their products work properly (and do so promptly too rather than years later).
Tony

#442213 - 12/08/17 10:30 PM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By Anthony Johnson
I will believe these improvements when I see them.

As the owner of a Midjpro, I am still waiting for a fix so that the module remembers edited sounds when used in a style or registration.
You can edit a right hand sound, save it in either a style or a registration and when you reload it, it gives you the original un-edited sound.

Also, there is no way to access edited sounds without leaving style mode and voice mode and then you have to go into the Hard Drive file manager.

What is the point of being able to edit sound if you can't use them?

Ketron now has another disappointed user who will not buy another until they make their products work properly (and do so promptly too rather than years later).
Tony

I agree......

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (12/08/17 10:31 PM)

#442274 - 12/09/17 05:36 PM Re: Sd9 improvements and new features will come [Re: Anthony Johnson]
stkeys Offline

"There are no Ram sounds on the SD40 so it is NOT an SD7 in module form."

Hmmmm that's contradictory to what AJ told me when I purchased the SD40, he said the SD40 has the sounds Already loaded in to the HD unlike the SD7 that can only load in two at a time into Ram.

Unless I misunderstood what he was telling me.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online