SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#439663 - 10/23/17 09:52 AM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
laugh2
And since I have no interest in a Genos, I did not know there was no 61 key ...

#439664 - 10/23/17 09:56 AM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
laugh2
And since I have no interest in a Genos, I did not know there was no 61 key ...

No matter what you are observant,I remember you were the guy who noticed Donny changed his s970 to a PA4x. smile

#439673 - 10/23/17 01:34 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

No matter what you are observant,I remember you were the guy who noticed Donny changed his s970 to a PA4x. smile

That doesn't count. Tony (and the rest of the world) already knew that was going to happen. Tony just typed it up and then waited around to hit the 'SUBMIT' button smile smile.

chas

#439675 - 10/23/17 01:50 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
laugh2

#439691 - 10/23/17 05:55 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: mdorantes]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - I'm curious about Registrations - did all of yours (that you copied from your Tyros) work just fine in Genos? I assume they automatically used "appropriate" new Styles, i.e. Genos styles that were close to the old Tyros ones, so that the song worked out just fine?

Or were there some Registrations that didn't quite work as you would need, due to changes in styles or sounds?

Also, for the sounds in your Registrations moved over from T5 ... did they all still use "old" (legacy) T5 sounds by default ... and you would have to edit each one to change it to utilize (for example) the new CTX piano instead of the T5 Concert Grand?

I'm asking since I'll have ~500+ registrations to migrate from T5 to Genos soon ...

Thanks!
Jim

#439693 - 10/23/17 06:30 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: mdorantes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jim, from what I have read thus far, they should transfer directly without a hitch. However, if you are using some third party style files with some of those registrations, you will, obviously, have to transfer them into the proper user areas as well.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439694 - 10/23/17 06:40 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: mdorantes]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Jim,
read my post "Hands On Genos Experience".
Deane

#440123 - 10/30/17 03:15 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: Stephenm52]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
An Update

I have been taking my Genos to several Gigs, and of course, in between those days, I became more familiar with the new interface, wich it is very intuitive, and of course, like anything new, at the beginning, I was a little lost, but find my way almost immediately... I have been making more registrations for my repertoire and so far, so good.

The most important thing to me, is that my audience, have told me that is like SUPER High Definition TV comparing it to the T5, that was very good, but Yamaha finds the way to make it even better.....
Is like having more headroom, that allows you to hear almost in layers each one of the sounds.....is really amazing.

My 2 Cents.

Manuel

#440124 - 10/30/17 03:28 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: mdorantes]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By mdorantes
An Update

I have been taking my Genos to several Gigs, and of course, in between those days, I became more familiar with the new interface, wich it is very intuitive, and of course, like anything new, at the beginning, I was a little lost, but find my way almost immediately... I have been making more registrations for my repertoire and so far, so good.

The most important thing to me, is that my audience, have told me that is like SUPER High Definition TV comparing it to the T5, that was very good, but Yamaha finds the way to make it even better.....
Is like having more headroom, that allows you to hear almost in layers each one of the sounds.....is really amazing.

My 2 Cents.

Manuel

Manuel, Great testimony to the improvement with the Genos! Thanks for the info.

#440130 - 10/30/17 06:16 PM Re: Just finish a Gig with my Genos....Awesome!!! [Re: mdorantes]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great information, Manuel. Glad you and the Genos are doing well together, and in many ways I envy you in that I no longer am on stage and performing for an audience. If that were the case, I would most likely purchase a Genos and never look back. It's great to have first hand, hands on information about Yamaha's latest starship arranger keyboard.

All the best,

Gary 8)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online