SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#439172 - 10/16/17 05:35 AM Re: Does this Genos demo help or hurt?!? [Re: shueymusic]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Corporate Yamaha are probably upset, as I get the impression that they were trying to move the Genos away from the old fogies brigade (And probably the PSR Tutorial mob as well) to a much more adventuress user base.

Its main bonus is how it will sound in the home, rather than the professionally mastered online demo (Which is never achievable by the normal user) so is good in that respect, plus it shows how the Yamaha speakers still suck big time, and totally castrate the sound.

So the answer to your question is Yes & No.

Bill

#439173 - 10/16/17 05:53 AM Re: Does this Genos demo help or hurt?!? [Re: shueymusic]
Dnj Offline

I am glad this demo was posted as it shows what Genos really sounds like in the REAL world not some dupped up heavily Eq's processed studio version, ...it surly has some nice new features which would make it a very capable arranger KB for many uses. Good luck to all new owners hope to see more in the near future...here's another close your eyes .

Edited by Dnj (10/16/17 05:57 AM)

#439184 - 10/16/17 07:41 AM Re: Does this Genos demo help or hurt?!? [Re: shueymusic]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes, it would have sounded better if it was recorded directly from a mixer but still it was nice to hear the instrument demoed with playing older music. Sometimes it's nice to hear an instrument played by a "regular guy"

If I had a Tyros 4 or 5 or maybe even a 970, and I played older music, I'm not sure I'd get a Genos though.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#439185 - 10/16/17 07:43 AM Re: Does this Genos demo help or hurt?!? [Re: shueymusic]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Oh and BTW, is the vocal effects/harmony on the Genos the same as Tyros 4/5 and psr 950/970? Just curious.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#439191 - 10/16/17 08:46 AM Re: Does this Genos demo help or hurt?!? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Corporate Yamaha are probably upset, as I get the impression that they were trying to move the Genos away from the old fogies brigade (And probably the PSR Tutorial mob as well) to a much more adventuress user base.

If they would have wanted to really do this, they should have added the features for this..
-daw integration
-onboard sound edditing and creation
-syncing audio with midi
-add a pro version of the arps, with user memmory slots and much more arps..

While yamaha is claiming the Genos to be aimed at the pro market, for composers, studio’s... the features they actually added tell a different story.. they are still aiming at the typical home arranger player...

Now nothingnwrong with that, but they should be honest...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#439192 - 10/16/17 08:48 AM Re: Does this Genos demo help or hurt?!? [Re: shueymusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
recording with a mic was a mistake. Hearing the key noise really took away from the performance.

#439193 - 10/16/17 09:00 AM Re: Does this Genos demo help or hurt?!? [Re: Uncle Dave]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I would like to like the Genos...whether I’m getting one or not.

This is the first Genos video I quit watching before it was done..not inspiring at all...unfortunate.

My 4X has such a live band sound...awesome....this sounded more like a poor CD recording.

Edited by guitpic1 (10/16/17 09:02 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online