SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#438869 - 10/11/17 01:04 AM USB HOST MIDI ROUTER - UHMR
Torch Offline

I took delivery of the the USB HOST MIDI ROUTER - UHMR. For someone who needs a USB midi host, this seems to be the best. The Kenton doesn't support a USB hub. I couldn't get a clear answer from Cerebel USB MIDI Host. The Cerebel supports only two USB midi devices for sure, I was told.

Anyway, this the UHMR works great. It supports 8 USB midi devices. You can program on the unit itself, or it comes with configuration software. This is a small company in Spain that makes good products.

I have an iConnectivity Audio4+ that has a USB midi host, but it doesn't work too well with my Korg Microkey 61 with a built-in hub, and the Audio4+ is big and requires an AC power source whereas the UHMR is tiny, and I can power it from a USB battery pack.

http://compasflamenco.com/midi-c-3/usb-host-midi-router-uhmr-p-8.html
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#438987 - 10/13/17 09:33 AM Re: USB HOST MIDI ROUTER - UHMR [Re: Torch]
jesusv Offline

I am J. Valseca, UHMR developer. Thank you very much for writing this post. We launched this product about a month ago, and so far, few people know it. This is a great place to answer in case anyone needs to clarify any doubts.

#439754 - 10/24/17 11:08 AM Re: USB HOST MIDI ROUTER - UHMR [Re: jesusv]
jesusv Offline

This is a Spanish review of the UHMR
USB HOST MIDI ROUTER UHMR review

#439767 - 10/24/17 01:38 PM Re: USB HOST MIDI ROUTER - UHMR [Re: Torch]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Not sure I understand the functionality of this... Would this hub allow me to use one of those compact desktop MIDI controllers (which typically have only USB MIDI) with a hardware module like the Roland BK-7m? Does it introduce any latency compared to using a MIDI controller with a traditional DIN connector?

Finally, does it have enough ports to combine multiple controllers like a pad and a KB at the same time??

Sorry for all the questions, thanks! -Ted

Edited by TedS (10/24/17 02:43 PM)

#440175 - 10/31/17 07:04 PM Re: USB HOST MIDI ROUTER - UHMR [Re: TedS]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By TedS
Not sure I understand the functionality of this... Would this hub allow me to use one of those compact desktop MIDI controllers (which typically have only USB MIDI) with a hardware module like the Roland BK-7m? Does it introduce any latency compared to using a MIDI controller with a traditional DIN connector?

Finally, does it have enough ports to combine multiple controllers like a pad and a KB at the same time??

Sorry for all the questions, thanks! -Ted
You can use up to 8 USB midi devices simultaneously. You can use a USB hub for that purpose. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the Kenton USB MIDI host supports only one MIDI device. Due to my travel, I haven't done extensive tests, but I didn't notice any latency when I tried it out a few times.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online