#438909 - 10/11/17 06:23 PM Re: How Many? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

From Yamaha Genos page.

Looks like the Tyros speakers...thanx

#438912 - 10/11/17 09:16 PM Re: How Many? [Re: Tyrosman5]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
This Genos speaker system------what’s the deal with the Yamaha speakers attached to the keyboard and facing the player? Wouldn’t it be better to have powered speakers slightly behind the keyboard/player and facing the audience? All could hear nicely. Unless someone is playing only for themselves.

#438913 - 10/12/17 12:02 AM Re: How Many? [Re: J. Larry]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By J. Larry
This Genos speaker system------what’s the deal with the Yamaha speakers attached to the keyboard and facing the player? Wouldn’t it be better to have powered speakers slightly behind the keyboard/player and facing the audience? All could hear nicely. Unless someone is playing only for themselves.

All arrangers are designed for home hobby players, (Hence they are easy play instruments) with pro users being so small that they do not even register, hence the way the speakers are mounted.

If the speakers are like the previous versions, then avoid them like the plague, as they totally castrate the sound of the instrument. (The same applies to the PAAS speaker bar that Korg try and con you into buying for the PA3/4x)

Bill

#438914 - 10/12/17 01:43 AM Re: How Many? [Re: hammer]
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Half november in France

#438915 - 10/12/17 01:47 AM Re: How Many? [Re: abacus]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
There are many opinions about speakers systems; which sounds the best. When I first played my Kn7000 through a Bose compact I felt it was the best sound I have ever heard. Not so with the Pa4x.

A good sounding speaker system depends on many things. The size of the room, the temperature, where you pace the speaker, and how your mind and ears perceive the sound. And ears that lost some of their ability to hear.
Some like a strong bass – some want a gentle bass; music requires both.
Bill, I do respect your opinion but my PAAS sounds great in my room, at the temperature I comfortable with. And as I have heard Dave say, “In my face” which I am beginning to understand.

I have one good ear, the other is gone. (There goes stereo) I am still tuning pianos, and the pros I tune for still call me and they still thank me for a job well done.

MY OPINION: My Pa4z and my PAAS sound great. When I had my Tyros with the Yamaha speakers I did not like them.

We agree to disagree, John C.

#438934 - 10/12/17 08:24 AM Re: How Many? [Re: Tyrosman5]
124 Offline

Right on, John. It's all in the ear of the beholder.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online