SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#438593 - 10/06/17 02:00 AM T4 purchase, a few weeks in
agoldstraw Offline

Having sought advice from this forum regarding buying my first arranger, I thought I would just report back on progress.

After humm-ing and ha-ing over whether to splurge on a new Korg PA4X, I reined back the investment a little and bought a used Tyros 4 at a decent price.

Verdict so far? I'm really enjoying it. I'm a pro keys playing mainly playing solo piano for weddings and corporates, and I already use Logic and a bunch of software plug-ins in my home studio.

However, what I really like about the T4 is that it's a great 'ideas machine' – switch on, play around a little, get an idea and you can get it down pretty quickly. I also like the fact that it's self-contained, and I don't have to start every project by (painfully, for me) laying down 4-5 minutes of drum track.

Here's something I whipped up quickly as a first effort . . .

#438614 - 10/06/17 08:49 AM Re: T4 purchase, a few weeks in [Re: agoldstraw]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Glad to hear you're enjoying your T4. Thanks for sharing your work and I look forward your contributions to synthaone.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#438678 - 10/07/17 12:47 AM Re: T4 purchase, a few weeks in [Re: agoldstraw]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Really enjoyed this arrangement . I have just been on the korg website discussing this very point of how the arranger frees you to be immediately creative musically . And what boon it is to professional musicians once they have tried it .

Thank you for your music .

#438684 - 10/07/17 06:46 AM Re: T4 purchase, a few weeks in [Re: agoldstraw]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Perfect soundtrack for my breakfast today ... looking out at the ocean, listening to your song. Thanks.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online