SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#437999 - 09/27/17 02:38 AM Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
This is the link to watch on ebay. They come and go quickly. The price keeps going down. Mine came directly from a Walmart return center. They have a 90 day warranty and go through a 65 point inspection. Mine didn't have a finger print on it. It also came with the original screen protector which I liked because trying to apply them yourself especially on a large screen is tough to do without getting bubbles.

It works great and I love mine. It is one smooth operating tablet. It works much better than my previous expensive name brand tablet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112383156243

http://protwelve.com/

Scott

#438000 - 09/27/17 03:35 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you Scott, nice find. At that price it's worth buying one as a back up.

#438020 - 09/27/17 04:43 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Stephenm52]
Torch Offline

Thanks for the link. What a bargain. It comes with a keyboard, too! Just bought one. My 8.7 inch iPad Air will retire as a music viewer but will continually serve as a midi module.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#438022 - 09/27/17 05:19 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Torch Offline

Scott, does the keyboard serve as the case? Do you use a case for the tablet? If so, where did you find one?

Thanks,

Chris

#438039 - 09/27/17 11:35 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Scott Langholff Offline

I don't use a case as the keyboard seems to be plenty at least around home. There is a case cover available on ebay and/or amazon I believe is where I saw it.

When I play out I use a laptop case for added safety.

#438225 - 10/01/17 05:39 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, I have been using the tablet keyboard as a case, and putting it in the back sleeve of a laptop case which I use to carry my wires and foot pedals ... tonight I unpacked the tablet and sometime between yesterdays gig and tonight the screen got cracked ... it will not respond to touch screen commands on the lower half ... I used the tablet keyborad to enter my password and it is accepting 'load' commands from the Pa900, but I have a big gig in NJ this weekend, and I am very concerned about the tablet holding up ... the eBay site says the product is out of stock ...
frown frown frown

#438226 - 10/01/17 05:48 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Stephenm52 Offline

Tony, I have checked the site and was going to pick up another one myself for $91 but they have been out of stock since Scott posted this.

#438242 - 10/02/17 12:09 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Stephenm52]
Scott Langholff Offline

Tony, Steve

Without knowing how the tablet was packed in the bag, if something jarred it etc it's hard to know what caused that.

However, I noticed that the tablet does not really close tight shut like a typical laptop does. There is some play in it and the part farthest from the hinges can move a bit when moving. Test it out. I decided to be on the safe side to take the tablet apart and have it in two different sleeves with the screen facing a 3 ring binder near the screen and some folders with a bunch of paper on the back of the other for protection. Or, to just bring the tablet part and do the same along with being careful not to cram other non-flat things into the case and to be very careful moving it and putting it only places where nothing can fall on it or if the van was jarred that nothing would happen.

I may be being over careful but I feel safer doing it this way. It may not hurt to have the tablet together, but since I thought there might be a chance that the two pieces could get jarred together, even by just picking up the case I decided on not moving it as a connected unit.

Here is a link on their site for a cracked screen. Don't know how that would all work but you can give it a try.

http://protwelve.com/support/cracked-screen/

As for the ebay link you need to keep checking back as the item comes and goes, but they continue to use the same link over and over.

Also, you should be able to put the tablet on your ebay watch list and have them email you when it's available.

Scott

#438257 - 10/02/17 05:49 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I could be way off base, but my unit has no play between the keyboard and the tablet, and even though it doesn't latch, it closes firmly. I wonder if the cheapest ones weren't ready for prime time, so to speak.

#438259 - 10/02/17 06:17 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Stephenm52 Offline

When I transport mine it goes into a separate neoprene sleeve then into my laptop bag. Guess I've been lucky but in talking to Tony he installs the detachable keyboard when transporting and was cautious. I somehow wound up with a scratch on my screen after taking it to a gig one day, I'm now trying to be extra careful.

#438260 - 10/02/17 06:22 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Stephenm52]
Bernie9 Online   content

Maybe a screen protector would be in order. It doesn't affect the touch response on other tablets.

Edited by Bernie9 (10/02/17 06:24 AM)

#438300 - 10/02/17 10:41 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I could be way off base, but my unit has no play between the keyboard and the tablet, and even though it doesn't latch, it closes firmly. I wonder if the cheapest ones weren't ready for prime time, so to speak.

Bernie, which tablet are you using ... and when you say " I wonder if the cheapest ones weren't ready for prime time,..." are you referring to the refurbished ones or the Pro 12?

#438304 - 10/02/17 10:51 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
Tony, Steve
Here is a link on their site for a cracked screen. Don't know how that would all work but you can give it a try.
http://protwelve.com/support/cracked-screen/
As for the ebay link you need to keep checking back as the item comes and goes, but they continue to use the same link over and over.
Also, you should be able to put the tablet on your ebay watch list and have them email you when it's available.
Scott

Thanks, Scott ... actually, I had already gone to that page and submitted a question about the screen ... it comes down to this: I would need to send the tablet to RCA services in Lockport NY - that's in Niagra County, and they will send it to Ontario Canada for repair ... the cost is $45, which isn't outrageous, but it will take 3 - 4 WEEKS, which is no good for my playing schedule ... I asked, but they don't sell the parts so I could fix it myself ... frown frown frown
I've also asked if there is some way to expedite the repair, and am waiting on an answer. ...

#438308 - 10/02/17 11:25 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Hi Tony,

I transport mine to every job in my laptop bag with my mics and haven't had any issues, however I hand carry the electronics when I get to the gig.

If you rely on the tablet, I would buy another at $92 or full price, and repair the original, and use the repaired one for a backup.

PS: Lockport is right in my backyard. Come on down and do the new ZIP line.
http://lockportcave.com/zip-line-attraction/

Regards,

Jerry

Edited by Jerryghr (10/02/17 11:28 AM)

#438309 - 10/02/17 11:31 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Bernie9]
Scott Langholff Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9

Mine closes firmly too, but did you try holding it like a book with the hinges at the bottom and the space bar end at the top? It opens a bit on it's own 1/2" - 3/4" to me that could cause an issue if it became open that much and then quickly pick up your case and unknowingly slam it together.

What is others experience with this? Do you travel with one or both pieces and how?

Edited by Scott Langholff (10/02/17 11:33 AM)

#438311 - 10/02/17 11:48 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Mine closes firmly and stays closed. I bought one for my wife and her cover is looser. Maybe the 3 screws on the back of the hinge can be tightened to increase the tension.

Regards,

Jerry

#438314 - 10/02/17 12:18 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Torch Offline

At $91, buying another one and fixing the broken screen at $45 makes sense. It seems that many buy this tablet to give to friends and family members.

I think I bought the last second one on eBay, but I'm sure that the seller will list more as more units are returned. I remember someone saying that he received one directly from a Walmart center, which means they will certainly get more as people return.

I noticed not all cases for Pro 12 will fit the model on eBay. Only this one. The model number fits the one on eBay. https://www.walmart.com/ip/i-UniK-Pro12-...-CAMO/587748946

I ordered the case, too.

#438316 - 10/02/17 12:28 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Scott Langholff Offline

one was just sold today, so yes, keep watching for when they are available

#438318 - 10/02/17 12:40 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Torch Offline

Really? Oh, no. I should have grabbed it for a relative. If I were you, I would have waited until all my relatives got one!!! Kidding.

Once again, thanks for sharing the link. I thought I was going to get a 12 inch iPad Pro, but not anymore. I will keep using my iPad Air for playing instrument sounds and use the Pro12 for music reading.

The Windows Version for MobileSheet works well and it is only $12. I use it on my home PC and hybrid tablet PC.

#438319 - 10/02/17 12:51 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
one was just sold today, so yes, keep watching for when they are available

Don't know how I missed that ... I've been going back and forth on the site all day ... Hmmm, not all that familiar with eBay ... can I just keep using the link provided above, or do I have to do a search on eBay every time I go on?

Originally Posted By Torch
Really? Oh, no. I should have grabbed it for a relative. If I were you, I would have waited until all my relatives got one!!! Kidding.

Noooo torch - I NEED one for my gigs ... hopefully you relatives can wait ... smile

#438321 - 10/02/17 01:03 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: tony mads usa]
Scott Langholff Offline

Tony, keep using the same link. If you click on watch list I think they'll email you when one is ready.

#438334 - 10/02/17 02:16 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Thanks, Scott ... yes, I did that ...
I just found a place close to me that repairs tablet screens ... I'm thinking of bringing the tablet to them to look at ...

#438340 - 10/02/17 02:40 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: tony mads usa]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Noooo torch - I NEED one for my gigs ... hopefully you relatives can wait ... smile
You got it, Tony. A fellow musician comes first. I used to buy iPads for older relatives to read the Bible on them. Not anymore. Cheaper Android based tablets like the Pro12 will actually work better. My sister in law quickly grew out of an iPad I bought for her. She needed more memory for all the videos and pics she was taking. No SD card slot for the IOS device. She went out and bought an LG tablet though I told her I would get her a Samsung.

As for the eBay link, you can save the seller and/or the listing itself. You will be notified by eBay email.

Chris

#438341 - 10/02/17 02:49 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
tony mads usa Offline

You got it, Tony. A fellow musician comes first. I used to buy iPads for older relatives to read the Bible on them.
Chris

Oh no ... I don't want to prevent anyone from reading the Bible !!! wink
Hopefully more will come available for your family ...

#438346 - 10/02/17 04:56 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Torch Offline

My case just came in from Walmart. Not bad for $15. Looks like it will give plenty of protection. It comes even with a stylus with one side being a real pen. A nice touch. The case is here, but Where is my tablet??? Still, the case gives me an idea as to how the tablet will show a whole page of music in once screen! $91? Still can't believe it.

#438364 - 10/03/17 12:06 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Scott Langholff Offline

Tony, whatever you do make sure you save your library with edited changes to dropbox or google drive. All your changes will be saved. I learned the hard way when my previous tablet bit the dust.

#438367 - 10/03/17 12:58 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Also, Tony, while I'm thinking about it they are now selling the Pro 12 at Walmart for $169 if you need one in a hurry. That is an in store price. Last I checked it was still the original $227 or whatever it was online.

Edited by Scott Langholff (10/03/17 12:59 AM)

#438368 - 10/03/17 02:10 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
So disappointing to read all this and find that our Asda in the UK, owned by Walmart, doesn't sell the Pro 12 over here and neither does anyone else.
Come on Walmart and ship these over to the UK.
Tony

#438387 - 10/03/17 07:26 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Bernie9 Online   content

Scott:
I see what you mean and mine is the same. I carry all accessories, cords, pedals, and laptops in a plastic tub, which goes from my Rock-N-Roller to the floor of the venue. I pack it carefully with the fragile items on top. I probably will get a sleeve though.

Tony:
I was wrong about different prices being a possible cause of any flaws. I was thinking I paid more than $94, but didn't.

All in all, am very pleased with the Pro 12.

#438399 - 10/03/17 08:31 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

I was just able to buy one !!! Won't help for this weekend, but I should get it early next week.
BTW ... checking prices for repair they were asking between $150 - $200 ... Once I get the new one up and running I will ship this one to the manufacturer for repair at $45.

#438406 - 10/03/17 08:59 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

BTW ... I just looked at my tablet with the keyboard attached and closed, and do not see any separation other than the little space that allows you to open it ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online