SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#436968 - 09/04/17 09:05 PM Tyros 2 vocal harmony ??
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Is there any way to use the vocal harmony without triggering it from left or right hands? I alternate between keys and other instruments but want harmony utility. I have an outboard digitech v3d but want to use less peripheral equipment and wires...

#437004 - 09/05/17 09:48 AM Re: Tyros 2 vocal harmony ?? [Re: sparky589]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Sparky
Yes, you should be able to do this if the Tyros 2 VH editing is similar to the VH2 in my Tyros 5.

Select the VH type you want, like Standard/Duet/Trio or a Quartet. Go into the editing mode for your selection. You will have to select Chordal mode for fixed harmony to work at all times (playing notes or not).

Then, select "ScaleDiatonic" for the Chordal type. This is the most important setting to get a fixed Major Scale harmony to work with your voice at all times whether you are fingering any Tyros 2 chords or switching to another instrument. should work out fine for most Songs in a Major Scale.

To switch your harmonies or VH on or off, simply press the Tyros 2 Vocal Harmony button on or off. Also while you are editing your chosen VH preset and setting Chordal to the "ScaleDiatonic", make your other VH adjustments you want including Harmony Assign selections.

Harmony Assign default should be fine for a Major fixed Scale, but you have the option to switch from a Major key type to a Minor key type, if your song happens to be in a Minor key.

Might sound complex from my description, but basically look for the "ScaleDiatonic" selection in Chordal mode. Experiment with your settings to get what you like. Should be able to ditch your Digitech. Straight harmonies using the Tyros 2 VH should be at least equal quality to the Digitech unit.

Good Luck,
Marcus

#437028 - 09/05/17 12:58 PM Re: Tyros 2 vocal harmony ?? [Re: Marcus]
sparky589 Offline

The mode is under mic settings. If I change it, I go to editing but it still says vocoder type in the first parameter. Not selectable in edit mode for selected harmony type. Frustrating.

Attachments
20170905_160745.jpg

20170905_160730.jpg

#437033 - 09/05/17 01:23 PM Re: Tyros 2 vocal harmony ?? [Re: sparky589]
sparky589 Offline

cant find any scale diatonic option anywhere..

#437049 - 09/06/17 05:31 AM Re: Tyros 2 vocal harmony ?? [Re: sparky589]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By sparky589
cant find any scale diatonic option anywhere..

Hi Sparky
Okay, obviously the Tyro 2 VH is considerably different from the Tyros 4/5 VH2. There still might be hope finding "scale diatonic" within the Chordal "Value" list.

From your second photo example, highlight "Chordal" in the Parameter column. Now scroll up and down the "Value" list where "DuetAb" would be highlighted. Go up and down that option list and see if "scale diatonic" or perhaps a similar name is found there. If so, try singing into your mic without touching any note keys and see if you are getting any VH to your voice.

If that parameter isn't there, then maybe it was an added feature to the Tyros 4/5 VH2. Sorry I can't help further if this is the case. My first Tyros was the Tyros 3, so I am not familiar with the Tyros 2 model.

Good Luck,
Marcus

#437147 - 09/07/17 07:44 AM Re: Tyros 2 vocal harmony ?? [Re: Marcus]
sparky589 Offline

No it doesn't come up in that value list. I looked everywhere for an option. Of course nothing in manual..I think I'm s.o.l., or is there a Yamaha wizard out here that knows?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online