SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#436246 - 08/18/17 01:46 PM Re: How many gigs just to pay for equipment? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

1, 2, Cha, Cha, Cha,...

#436247 - 08/18/17 01:51 PM Re: How many gigs just to pay for equipment? [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
For argument's sake, however, why does it have to be either strictly business principals or total fiscal irresponsibility? Many, including myself, have the means to enjoy indulging their whims, and take care of their responsibilities now and in the future.

#436249 - 08/18/17 02:18 PM Re: How many gigs just to pay for equipment? [Re: Bernie9]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
For argument's sake, however, why does it have to be either strictly business principals or total fiscal irresponsibility? Many, including myself, have the means to enjoy indulging their whims, and take care of their responsibilities now and in the future.

True Bernie, but you're in that position because you PREPARED for it (or you hit the lottery, married well, or got a really big inheritance). For me it was lucky (I'm hesitant to use the word 'wise') investments and a stable, reasonably high-paying career.

chas

#436251 - 08/18/17 03:30 PM Re: How many gigs just to pay for equipment? [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
True Bernie, but you're in that position because you PREPARED for it (or you hit the lottery, married well, or got a really big inheritance). For me it was lucky (I'm hesitant to use the word 'wise') investments and a stable, reasonably high-paying career

It was no problem preparing $ for my seniors years. I was part of the depression; and my parents never changed their style of living. I hated living like that, but now I have come to appreciate their training. No lottery, married poor, no inheritance.

Buying a new keyboard improves my playing and singing. I get a chance to make corrections and improve what I had been I passing up. (Incentive)

One happy, positive camper, John C.

#436257 - 08/19/17 01:41 AM Re: How many gigs just to pay for equipment? [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It doesn't necessarily mean you have an inexhaustible pot full of money to be able to buy the music gear you want. It is also a matter of where you choose to spend any disposable funds. I don't live large, but comfortable, and like John, I know how to be thrifty. I also love playing more than sailing, for example, hence I have what I want for my enjoyment. To each his own.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online