SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43572 - 07/07/02 02:26 AM Can Anyone HELP?
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi Folkes,
I have developed a problem with my Kn6000 which is upgraded with the EW65.My problem is,as an example, if I select Tenor Sax, on intial selection the voice is bright and full, after playing a few notes it changes to a dull mellow sound losing its bite and the volume decrease. This also happens on other voices but not all.

I have tried intial in programme control, also intial from pressing the top four rythms on the keypad when switching on which then displays [ factory intial complete.] but no joy in rectifying the proplem.

Is this a hospital job? has anyone any suggestions?or has anyone else experienced this proplem ? all advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards to All Gilbert
Add. when the voice I am using goes faulty,if I select another voice and then return to that voice it plays fine for a while,then the problem returns.

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 07-07-2002).]

#43573 - 07/07/02 09:28 AM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
This is a guess but it could be a thermal problem in the audio power amp section. The strong sounding voices require lots of power output to push the sound to the speakers. This in turn triggers a heat problem in the audio out circuit causing the change in sound. One test is to put on headphones and disable the speakers or other means such as use the line out jacks to your stereo system. What happens if you switch to another saxophone voice while playing a note? If the sound recovers to normal and goes bad again, it isn't thermal. In that case it would seem to be a problem with the sample playback somewhere in the computer circuits. If you do find out the problem I would be interested in knowing the outcome.

#43574 - 07/07/02 10:23 AM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Gilbert, Just a thought, have you tried removing your EW65 card? I assume that you have Version 7 software since I believe that came with the EW65. I had a couple of problems with my KN6000 some time ago, which were not unlike the one you describe. Sorry to say that it required a visit to the KN doctor.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43575 - 07/07/02 07:11 PM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The symptoms don't quite match this, but make sure the modulation wheel is set to minimum.

Mike

#43576 - 07/08/02 11:30 AM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
gilbert Offline

Hi Rmcouat, Bill and Mike,
My thanks to all you guys for taking the time and effort in helping me with the problen with my 6000.

I have tried all the points raised and it appears not to be a thermal proplem.I followed the procedure as described by Rmcouat and all seemed well.

Having switched of the keyboard for about one hour I removed the ew65 and then replaced it.

On start up I reset the sound controler and centered it.
Started to play and would you belive, all was fine.Have been playing now for a couple of hours and still no repeat of the problem.

I still have no ideal what caused this gremlin but I hope it has now rectified itself.
If is does happen again,I will post the Doctors Diagnosis.

Best Wishes to you All Gilbert

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 07-08-2002).]

#43577 - 07/08/02 12:27 PM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Gilbert, Glad you have apparently found the problem. A bad connection on the expansion card could have caused the problem - anyway - time will tell.

Keeping finger crossed .......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43578 - 07/09/02 01:11 AM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Gilbert,

I'm 99% sure the problem was the sound controller. I had exactly the same problem. The solution is to leave the wretched thing alone and it won't spontaneously activate.

Not surprisingly it has been scrapped on the 7000.

Regards
Peter

#43579 - 07/09/02 06:41 AM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
gilbert Offline

Hi Peter,
Sounds like good advise to me and you could well be right, certainly hope you are, Thanks and best Wishes,
Gilbert

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 07-09-2002).]

#43580 - 07/09/02 04:59 PM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,
I am quite fond of the sound controller! Of course it is totally useless (as far as I am concerned anyway) and is on a par with the 'D-Beam' controller that was on a Roland EM 2000 that I owned. I never found a practical use for that either.

Still (to get back to my tale) my old grannie had, due to an unfortunate encounter with an amorous afghan hound, a glass eye. This eye would often roll in an entirely different direction to her good eye for no apparant reason. Strangely the more animated she became the more the eye whirled, the whole effect being strangely hypnotic!

I was always a practical child and would charge my school friends 20pence to come and see Grannies 'Magic Eye.'

Now when I have brushed against my sound controller and my jazz violin sounds like next doors cat, I frantically twirl away to get the sound back to normal and am always reminded of grannies orb.

ttfn
Tony

#43581 - 07/10/02 08:33 AM Re: Can Anyone HELP?
gilbert Offline

Hi Tony,
HERE,HERE,

Regards Gilbert

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online