SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43308 - 05/29/07 07:07 PM settings wont last?
Pardez Offline

Loc: gaithersburg, md, 20874
Hey all! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to keep my settings to stay the same on my kn1600. For example my DSP setting always goes to off. And when it is on the keys sound much louder, it needs to stay on. I constantly find myself switching it on and also my chord settings. When I split it and set it to fingered mode on. These are just a few problems. I know theres gotta be a solution. Thanks!
-Pardez

#43309 - 05/30/07 07:29 AM Re: settings wont last?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yes there probably is, but you must start by telling us in what circumstances or as a result of what action you take, do these settings changes occur...
Rog

#43310 - 05/31/07 05:35 PM Re: settings wont last?
Pardez Offline

Ok. So when I turn on my keyboard after being off for a while it loses all the settings that I set on it. It also does this after I load rhythms from a floppy into the memory bank. These are the only two things that I have noticed which cause the settings to go away.

#43311 - 06/01/07 12:42 AM Re: settings wont last?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I am not familiar with the KN1600, but maybe this will help. The amount of time that the keyboard will hold data is in the manual. It is listed as Backup Memory and Performance Data. This may be part of the problem.

I keep all the user areas data in my keyboard on a SD card or in your case a floppy. Each time I turn my keyboard on I load the data from that disk.
Memory panel
Memory sounds
Composer
Current panel
Pads
Favorites
These are my basic settings. When I load a disk from another source these settings may be changed. When the keyboard is turned off for a period some data may be lost.

This may be more than you have asked for, but I hope it helps.

John C.

#43312 - 06/01/07 12:51 AM Re: settings wont last?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
On my keyboard KN7000 I press customizing, then in my window I press data protection, which gives me a list of areas that can be protected. (They stay and are not replaced when loading from another source,)

John C.

#43313 - 06/02/07 10:58 PM Re: settings wont last?
Pardez Offline

Thanx everyone-
My board does have a limited amount of time that the memory can remember the settings. But I tried to save all my settings on a floppy and it seems to be workin out better. I just got home from a gig and it was so much easier for me to pop in my floppy and just load. thanx again.
-Pardez

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online