SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43278 - 06/10/03 12:21 PM The Greater Benefit
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
A few weeks ago my pastor made a statement that really caught my attention. It was something I never gave much thought to. He was talking about people needing other people. He Said,"When I read this one statistic about the people using the internet, I was taken back". He said the largest percentage of people drawn to use the internet were not people who wanted to purchase something, nor was it people who were looking for information on a subject. He said that a whooping sixty-six percent of these people were searching for someone or something to relate to, they wanted connect.

I thought for a moment, Wow, sixty-six percent----I felt he was right. And with all honesty, I'm betting I'm one of them.

Subjects like; the best keyboard,a song, or an arrangement may be what is being used to relate, but what may be their prime reason
is the search for a relationship, the connection.

Whenever you help others, you are not only helping them, you are also bringing something very special to yourself. Once someone said to me, "THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO HELP YOU". Hmmmm! How very, very true.

So it it's true that we get THE GREATEST BENEFIT when we help others, then who is wining here on this forum? I would have to say, the people who are contributing----Ala Mr. Bebop, and all those other names we know well.

Have a great day, John C.

#43279 - 06/15/03 02:59 PM Re: The Greater Benefit
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
John and Members,
I didn't see this post or I surely would have commented on it before now.
I believe you to be 100 percent correct John. This is an ideal medium to reach out to people. I note that as we get older and bolder that more and more people are on the bulletin boards like this one and on the IRC Chat channels like the two I operate. Email is the other great social program of our age.
The flip side of the coin is that people no longer know or reach out to their neighbors, neighborhood friends, Kids and their famlies, fellow church members, and on and on.
I only recognize this when I get in the big ol' motorhome and head out of town. I leave computers at home and only take a keyboard and a stand and a seat. I set up outside the motorhome in the RV parks and start playing and here come the people that DID NOT bring their laptops. We make a new bunch of friends. Some of the friends we have made this way go back years and years and we still travel around the country and visit each other.
LIfe is good. God Bless you all and thanks for being my friend
I love you all
Bill the Bebop

#43280 - 06/15/03 07:14 PM Re: The Greater Benefit
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hey Guys and Girls, It's nice to see Bebop happy isn't it. Hmmmmm!!!

Great day to everybody, John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online