SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#432207 - 05/24/17 07:42 AM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj
Notlos does a great job... the key to a great sounding piano is chord voicing..

Here is another example of a keyboard under $1,000 with a great piano sound..

Very nice, the BK5 sounds amazing!! clap
...that said couldn't this guy use a KB stand? looks awkward sitting on an ottoman while playing confused1

When I first saw this clip years ago.. I went out and bought an ottoman to use with my BK5 grin

And did it help?

smile

chas

#432209 - 05/24/17 07:52 AM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
No... then I thought about renting the guys apartment.. grin

#432211 - 05/24/17 08:03 AM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sooooooo, lemme get this straight. You LIKE Rolland products, Fran?

#432214 - 05/24/17 08:28 AM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
No... then I thought about renting the guys apartment.. grin

Judging by that apartment, I'm betting he has a Steinway D off camera in the corner (and bought that BK5 for his 2 yr old).

smile

chas

#432215 - 05/24/17 08:36 AM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Fran, I absolutely understand what you are talking about, but the topic was about whether or not Donny should swap keyboards. IMO, from his past history, no, it makes no sense at all. Yes, you use those features, and so do I, but 99 percent of the players will never use them, and some never open the instruction manual to determine what features are available.

Gary

I just would like to to reiterate if I may......,
The "original topic" was simply just a Trade offer to members nothing more,.....how it got to where it is is beyond me?.... confused1

Thank you

#432224 - 05/24/17 12:20 PM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Seems like the Roland cloud is named after Fran, because Roland seems to cloud his mind..

But then, as long as someone is happy with what he has got, i guess its okay to be a fanboy.

Roland sure has been developing some great products at a great price lately. But then closing ones eyes for other brands like Yamaha, Korg, Nord and others might not be the wisest thing to do..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432226 - 05/24/17 03:13 PM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus

Seems like the Roland cloud is named after Fran, because Roland seems to cloud his mind..

But then, as long as someone is happy with what he has got, i guess its okay to be a fanboy.

Roland sure has been developing some great products at a great price lately. But then closing ones eyes for other brands like Yamaha, Korg, Nord and others might not be the wisest thing to do..

Bachus, you have it wrong..

No one and I mean no one has owned more keyboards and rack gear than I have.. smile

Thru the 80's I have owned most of Yamaha line, Korg line, Sequential Circuits, Oberheim, Digital keyboard, Siel, Crumar, Farfisa, Casio, Solton and others...

Since 82 I have owned just about every Roland keyboard and rack models..

I have formed my opinions via real time comparisons.. wink
There are many Roland models I disliked over the years...like JX1, Juno1 and 2, Juno G's , D10 and 20 and others.. frown
Some early E series arrangers did not fancy me..

I have played Nord models, they are not bad.. over priced, and I always found a better keyboard instead..

Yamaha Tyros .. way over priced and has overall sound I don't care for.. PSR.. No thanks.. grin

Korg PA 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x.. are fine.. PA4x and Ketron SD7, may be the best in this price range.. current models.. clap

Back in the 80's.. the rack stuff ruled Roland MKS series, Yamaha TX, and Korg models too..

Sleeper models from that era...Siel DK600, Roland JX10, Sequential Prophet 600..

I think you can see I am open minded to all brands.. If they are the real deal... I give credit to them..

I am a GM car/truck fan, but have owned many Fords, Plymouths, Mercury, etc.... never an import.. Caddy and Buick for the most part.. Almost the same as my instrument interest. crazy

#432227 - 05/24/17 03:27 PM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Fran lets not forget to mention you had your own Music Store and were a dealer for years also cool2 ....just sayin'

Edited by Dnj (05/24/17 03:28 PM)

#432235 - 05/24/17 07:56 PM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
just sayin'

sigh ...

#432258 - 05/25/17 08:27 AM Re: Trade Mint Yamaha S970 for Roland BK-9 [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
just sayin'

sigh ...

I guess old habits are hard to break! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online