SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#431811 - 05/16/17 08:18 PM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: guitpic1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
SOOOO not everybody.
No one's even 100% sure of what it's going to be called. Too much hype. Not interested.

#431821 - 05/17/17 05:56 AM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Thats what they all say until it is revealed and the WOW factor is induced to the masses......
never say never,...and if we're luck it might have on board speakers also just sayin'

#431822 - 05/17/17 06:51 AM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: guitpic1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
First ... stop sayin' "just sayin" all the time ... smile
Second - I had the original Tyros, and played 2 and 3 - it just doesn't cut it for me. Never did.
The case is too large, the keys and I don't agree, and for some reason, with all the other wonderful things Yamaha does ... they refuse to put a pro quality harmonizer in a $4000 keyboard. I may never understand that. So, no WOW factor for me on the horizon. They fell short every year for well over a decade in this camp. I have gear that works, and is still cutting edge for the audiences - I'm very underwhelmed by the newest offerings.
Bottom line - I just wanna sing ... the manufacturers that provide me with a great vocal processor, and strong monitor speakers will get my business. The rest of the features are just icing on an already pretty cool cake.

#431824 - 05/17/17 07:20 AM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

But Dave the GENOS will be a different animal could have many
NEW features we will need they say?

Edited by Dnj (05/17/17 07:27 AM)

#431835 - 05/17/17 11:47 AM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

As much as we are hoping for this...

How much chance is there really for Yamaha doing a huge upgrade from model a to model b? Ever since i am following yamaha arrangers like the psr 8000 there only have been small incremental updates between models..

Are we really expecting so,ething different from Yamaha?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431836 - 05/17/17 02:07 PM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

As much as we are hoping for this...

How much chance is there really for Yamaha doing a huge upgrade from model a to model b? Ever since i am following yamaha arrangers like the psr 8000 there only have been small incremental updates between models..

Are we really expecting so,ething different from Yamaha?

If they dont it will be a big slap in the face to Yamaha fans and will show them their needs and wants go on deaf ears leaving them with the same old, same old, and many will stray away to greener pastures before they lay down big Tyroish bucks ever again.....
time will tell....

#431837 - 05/17/17 02:31 PM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Waiting for "a what could be" Yamaha keyboard doesn't interest me. There still exists the possibility that Yamaha won't produce anything new arranger wise.

Back to considering another keyboard. Had a nice visit today with Ketron AJ....very informative.

The Ketron SD 7 does intrigue me mostly because the styles sure seem to fit the type of crowds I play for.

That said, my PA 4X has been the best of the bunch for me overall....just wish the 4X styles and voices were a better fit for my audiences. Still, overall, it's an excellent machine.

Recently I had the chance to play an older Ketron, the XD 9. Very impressive sounds/styles and keybed for an older machine.

Edited by guitpic1 (05/17/17 02:33 PM)

#431838 - 05/17/17 03:19 PM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Waiting for "a what could be" Yamaha keyboard doesn't interest me. There still exists the possibility that Yamaha won't produce anything new arranger wise.

Back to considering another keyboard. Had a nice visit today with Ketron AJ....very informative.

The Ketron SD 7 does intrigue me mostly because the styles sure seem to fit the type of crowds I play for.

That said, my PA 4X has been the best of the bunch for me overall....just wish the 4X styles and voices were a better fit for my audiences. Still, overall, it's an excellent machine.

Recently I had the chance to play an older Ketron, the XD 9. Very impressive sounds/styles and keybed for an older machine.

I wish you luck with your new Ketron Kb,.....but, please elaborate How does your audiences differ from most other NH audiences everyone plays for with Yamaha & Korg arrangers with so much success style wise...

#431842 - 05/18/17 12:47 AM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By guitpic1

I wish you luck with your new Ketron Kb,.....but, please elaborate How does your audiences differ from most other NH audiences everyone plays for with Yamaha & Korg arrangers with so much success style wise...

On top of that, the pa4x is on top of the field where it comes to edditing styles or even (re) creating your own... if you have yamaha styles you want to use... convert them to midi using a daw and import that into your Korg, then edit the style to your liking...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431858 - 05/18/17 01:58 PM Re: EA 7, SD 7 OR? [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Donny(sp?) DNJ? NH audiences, not sure what that is about?

Bachus, editing...deserves it's own thread perhaps?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online