SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#430317 - 04/01/17 11:28 AM Considering Korg PA4X?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This is an excellent video that goes from very elementary to pretty complex. It shows many of the features and capabilities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUms5k7fc50

#430319 - 04/01/17 12:24 PM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Kraft allways has great demo's...

And then there is so much depth in the pa4x, he could have made a 12 hour video and not touch even half of it..

Altough the more open system of the pa4x also has its dangers, earlier this week i was creating a new playlist... and suddenly, i had lost all my playlists as well as my songbook... gone, wiped for ever...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#430320 - 04/01/17 12:36 PM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh, that is bad. I back up everything just about any time I change something, but I've never lost anything so never had to restore.

#430322 - 04/01/17 02:39 PM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Bachus

Altough the more open system of the pa4x also has its dangers, earlier this week i was creating a new playlist... and suddenly, i had lost all my playlists as well as my songbook... gone, wiped for ever...

Hi Bacchus,
did you accidentally press yes to a question?

ie I accidentally pressed yes to a user style deletion, meant to delete a single style , it started to delete the whole bank. Senior moment. Wasn't thinking about what I was doing.

Or did the korg just have a glitch and wipe your list? That's more of a worry if not user error.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#430326 - 04/01/17 11:23 PM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi Bacchus,
did you accidentally press yes to a question?

ie I accidentally pressed yes to a user style deletion, meant to delete a single style , it started to delete the whole bank. Senior moment. Wasn't thinking about what I was doing.

Or did the korg just have a glitch and wipe your list? That's more of a worry if not user error.

I think it was all my mistake... i pressed initialize songbook instead of enable list edit...

No korg glitches, just soem things not protected...

Should have read the manuall first.

And i dont seen any way to get back my data...

The only thing Korg could have done better, is make clear to me what i actually was doing... the system asks " are you sure : yes/no " But does not tell what i am confirming.. or in this case, what i am deleting.

Edited by Bachus (04/01/17 11:29 PM)

#430327 - 04/02/17 12:36 AM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bachus,
You've got to try and remember to back your stuff up, especially if you're doing something major. I do a "save all" to my hard drive , plus both my USB sticks.
If I'm only working on user styles, I just do a save of the styles.
But end of day, if I have made changes, I do a Save All.

If you do goof up and press a wrong button at the wrong time, from a save all, you can load individual items back in or you can load all your user stuff back in.

Also do Back Up. Different to Save All. Worth studying manual on differences om what gets saved.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#430328 - 04/02/17 12:58 AM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Bachus,
You've got to try and remember to back your stuff up, especially if you're doing something major. I do a "save all" to my hard drive , plus both my USB sticks.
If I'm only working on user styles, I just do a save of the styles.
But end of day, if I have made changes, I do a Save All.

If you do goof up and press a wrong button at the wrong time, from a save all, you can load individual items back in or you can load all your user stuff back in.

Also do Back Up. Different to Save All. Worth studying manual on differences om what gets saved.

I know i need to make backups.. I am an IT pro after all (blushes)

But since i only play at home, there is no real harm done in loosing my files, it gives me a chance that after 3 months of learning the instrument, doing things the right way this time.

#430329 - 04/02/17 01:10 AM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Rikki wrote "I accidentally pressed yes to a user style deletion, meant to delete a single style , it started to delete the whole bank. Senior moment. Wasn't thinking about what I was doing".

Hi Rikki, me too, I did the same thing – careless eh?
When I got my Pa800 and I asked for help you wrote, “I back my keyboard every time I change something’, You taught me good. (smile)
Hope all is going well for you Rikki.

John C.
PS, I am quoting Don here, but the Pa4x satisfies my every need. This is the most satisfied I have ever been with a keyboard, including the Kn7000.

#430350 - 04/02/17 09:57 PM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By DonM
This is an excellent video that goes from very elementary to pretty complex. It shows many of the features and capabilities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUms5k7fc50

The more I perform with my PA 4X, the more impressed I am with it. I'm the video, Steve M, makes the claim that the PA 4X is the best arranger on the planet. I agree.

#430376 - 04/03/17 11:07 PM Re: Considering Korg PA4X? [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

[quote=rikkisbears]

I know i need to make backups.. I am an IT pro after all (blushes)

But since i only play at home, there is no real harm done in loosing my files, it gives me a chance that after 3 months of learning the instrument, doing things the right way this time.

Hi Bachus, say that after you accidentally lose a weeks work. That's what I did, a whole week of style editing , gone on my pa800 when I first got it. Haha. I learnt super quick.
Haha.

Btw do you need styles for your Pa4x ?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online