SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43004 - 01/24/03 03:20 PM How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website and Saved them to my SD Card
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Everyone,
I finally finished sorting all the .cst's (styles ) from the KN7000 Website. I loaded instructions and a spreadsheet listing all the .cst's by style type & .cst no. I also sorted them into group types ie ballad, rock , latin etc.
The instructions on how I sorted and saved them to SD card are available at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000/files/

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#43005 - 01/25/03 10:24 AM Re: How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website and Saved them to my SD Card
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Hi Rikki,
I downloaded the your instructions and spreadsheet list and saved all the styles on my computer according your instructions. You did a great job. (A small correction should be made in the spreadsheet: there are two folders named R&B).
Now I am ready to save them in my KN7 Custom Memory. Because not all folders are fully filled with 20 styles I like to start with a Blank Custom Memory (as mentioned by you). How do I get a Blank Custom Memory?
Bert

#43006 - 01/25/03 03:29 PM Re: How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website and Saved them to my SD Card
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bert,
I'll try and fix it. The second R & B Folder should have been Rock.
I've also loaded a blank .cst to the files area of the group.
Be aware also,some of the styles may be duplicated between the models ie kn3, kn5 & KN6. I was going to leave duplicates out, but it got too messy deciding if the kn3 vers. of a style sounded better than a kn5 version of the same style. I noticed that even though the style was basically the same, sometimes a different instrument was used, so they sounded slightly different. I decided to leave it up to the individual which vers, sounded better. I also wanted to make sure I didn't accidently leave any out, so at the end I counted them all.
The idea of my sheet is a starting point, then people can do what they want.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bert Aarts:
Hi Rikki,
I downloaded the your instructions and spreadsheet list and saved all the styles on my computer according your instructions. You did a great job. (A small correction should be made in the spreadsheet: there are two folders named R&B).
Now I am ready to save them in my KN7 Custom Memory. Because not all folders are fully filled with 20 styles I like to start with a Blank Custom Memory (as mentioned by you). How do I get a Blank Custom Memory?
Bert

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#43007 - 01/26/03 05:55 AM Re: How I sorted the Styles from the KN7000 Website and Saved them to my SD Card
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
I have found a way to clear custom style memory:
-Choose Composer in the Program Menu
-Choose Recording Memory A
-Choose Memory Clear
Now you have a cleared composer A memory and you can copy this to the custom style memory pos 1, 2, up to 20 and save this as a .ast custom memory file. You can load this each time you want to start with a clear memory.
Bert

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online