SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#429204 - 02/24/17 08:59 AM E-A7 Compatibility with older Roland styles
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Hello,
I've read that the new E-A7 has only four fills, compared to six on all mid- and top-line Roland arrangers made in the past 10 years.

So I accept that there won't be unique fills from some style variations to others. But what happens if you try to load a BK-7m factory style? Or a user style created on a G-70? Does the style even load? What if you edit that style and delete the two fills which are not supported? Would it load then??

Finally, how about styles from even older Roland arrangers like the G-1000, which had only two variations??

I'm sure it has some good styles from the factory. But after years of backwards compatibility, I would be disappointed if I couldn't use ANY of my old favorite styles.

In the best case, it would just ignore the two extra fills in the original style, and substitute one of the other four. But I'm speculating and I would like to know for sure based on the experience of someone who actually owns an E-A7.

Thanks for sharing your experience here! -Ted

#429229 - 02/24/17 08:17 PM Re: E-A7 Compatibility with older Roland styles [Re: TedS]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Even the oldest styles work fine on the EA7.
The BK, G70, G1000, E, all play fine.
All load fine.
Yes the EA7 plays 4 fills, it drops fill2 up and1 down..
I never miss the 2 less.
If the older style uses less than 4 intros, endings, or variations, the EA7 will doulble up, it seems to add another tone to the duplicate ..
There will be no empty locations.
The best news, they all sound better on the EA7.

#450244 - 04/11/18 10:49 PM Re: E-A7 Compatibility with older Roland styles [Re: Fran Carango]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

So Fran....will it play 20 year old STL styles from the E-series? I've got thousands of them because most of them were "keepers."

#450412 - 04/14/18 09:01 AM Re: E-A7 Compatibility with older Roland styles [Re: Mark79100]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Mark79100
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

So Fran....will it play 20 year old STL styles from the E-series? I've got thousands of them because most of them were "keepers."

YES

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online