SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42917 - 08/20/02 05:36 AM Spedal side on carpet?
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
I have a piano style sustain pedal and the room I play my 6500 in is carpeted. As I used it, the sustain pedal would side further and further back. This was a problem I just had to solve. Tape doesn't stick to carpet long and so that didn't work out. Well, Then it hit me. And for those on carpet with the same problem, I want to share it with you. I went and bought a velcro strip. I took the harder and courser strip, you know, the plastic loops part, and I glued it to the bottom of my pedal. It works like a charm. The pedal does not budge a bit now! Be careful to place it in the right direction though!!! One way it slides and the other it don't. I found this out by testing it on the carpet before I glued it on. So after that I simply put it the right way and like I said, it works very great!
Only thing is if I moved or played it somewhere else with out carpet, it would slide then worse than the rubber bottom. But I am a home player and figure there are more home players with this problem. An alternative would be to have 2 pedals. One for home/carpet, and one for floors. Maybe the cheaper pedal for the times one played somewhere else. Happy Playing!
Tony

#42918 - 08/20/02 06:07 AM Re: Spedal side on carpet?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Sparky ...... sounds like a good idea, but that velcro might cause enough friction to wear out the carpet in that spot .... you might want to put a small piece of scrap carpet directly under the pedal ..... for playing in other places, you could just take a small piece of carpet with you to put under the pedal ..... I remember when I played with a combo, the drummer would carry a good sized piece of carpet to put the drums on so that the 'spikes' wouldn't dig into a wood floor......
t.

#42919 - 08/20/02 06:50 AM Re: Spedal side on carpet?
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
It won't wear out the carpet. It doesn't even budge, so how can it. Less than sliding i am sure. And a small piece of carpet will slide all over on a floor. It's not like a bigger piece with a heavy bass drum on it.
Tony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online