SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42782 - 03/13/03 12:00 PM Remember the 3000 ?
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Recently I found a CD we made a while back when MP3's and CD Burning was "new" to us all

I remember recording this CD with a KN3000 and Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer and Roxio After a few CD "coasters", the CD was finally finished.

I thought I would post 3 of these KN3000 songs, so my friends here can listen to the development from the 3000 to the now awsome 7000. The sounds and styles of the KN7000 keyboard is unbelievable, compared to the "Old Days" of the KN3000. Of couse back then, we were probably saying the very same thing

Probably not the best recordings available, butif you have time to kill, and want to listen .....I'll post them for a while http://www.geocities.com/hawk1866/KN3000.html

SeeYa,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#42783 - 03/14/03 07:58 AM Re: Remember the 3000 ?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Larry, do you know what? That three thousand sounded very good. I would be willing to wager that if a blind test were to be done today with three or four of the different current top brands including the 3000 side by side, with the same person playing the same songs the 3000 would hold it's own very nicely. Of course if the 7000 were thrown in the mix there would be no contest what-so-ever. Very nice idea you had and worth the comparison. A friend of mine only has his three thousand to date. When we get together at his place we all have a ball on it. Still does what it always did, sounds good. As always, some buy automobiles by brand and some buy them by performance. Each to his own. With keyboards I let my ears be the boss. My ears even will tell my fingers they screwed up sometimes and to get with it. Thanks again for the nostalgia.

Grandpa Doug

#42784 - 03/14/03 08:38 AM Re: Remember the 3000 ?
lahawk Offline

Thanks Grandpa

Question for All,

When I play back songs made with a 3000 on the 7000, they do not sound the same. In fact, in my opionion, it dosen't sound as good.
Is that because the 7000 will substitute 7000 sounds for the original 3000 sounds ?

I suppose to get the original sound and style that was recorded on the 3000 (or any other KN ) to play correctly on the 7000, we would have to record MP3'S on the 3000, then copy to the SD Card using SD Jukebox.

OR...

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to obtain the original sounds and styles to play on the 7000, that were made on older KN Keyboards.

Thanks SeeYa,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#42785 - 03/14/03 09:43 AM Re: Remember the 3000 ?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Larry, you might try saving the sounds which you are using on the KN3000 to Sound Memory and then transferring them to KN7000 and using them instead of the KN7000 sounds.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#42786 - 03/14/03 12:54 PM Re: Remember the 3000 ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ian,
a few days ago I tried something similar with a couple of my yamaha psr pro styles which I recorded as backing tracks.
Even though they were GM midifiles they didn't sound as good on kn7 as they did on the psr.
Instead of spending the time editing voices, volumes etc on the kn7
I recorded them as psr pro audio files and then used the jukebox software to put them on the sd card.

It was only an experiment, but I was quite happy with the result.

To me, the audio opens up realms of possibilities. especially if you have earlier model keyboards or synths still floating around. ie
I have a few old Roland GS midifiles that just don't sound right on the KN, and I also still have the old Roland Sound Canvas that they were written for.
Instead of spending ages trying to match up roland & Kn sounds, it's far easier to record the midifile as roland audio, transfer it to the sd card and play it that way.
Saves the main living room from looking like a second hand music store.

I did a bit of a posting on it on the 9th of March.
( Hope this link works)
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001435.html

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#42787 - 03/14/03 01:15 PM Re: Remember the 3000 ?
lahawk Offline

Rikki,
I know you can record and then later convert Audio Sounds with Jukebox, but dosen't that eat up the SDCard memory? It just might be the best solution if we need the exact sound and/or style.

Bill, I'm going to try saving the 3000 files as a sound memory only, and see what happens. I suppose I'll have to do some editing before saving in the 7000

Thanks
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#42788 - 03/14/03 09:51 PM Re: Remember the 3000 ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry,
possibly does chew up the card memory, but I've noticed the cards appear to be getting cheaper and cheaper. I picked up a 256mb the other day on ebay for just over $80 USD plus postage. I would have had to pay nearly that much for a 128mb card 2 or 3 months back.

I'll see if I can work out roughly what a backing track chews up.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online