SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#42754 - 12/02/02 11:31 AM Technical problem??
Justsounds Offline

Loc: Rooskey, Southern Ireland.
My 7000 has switched itself off and on again twice during a live performance when using midi backing, most embarrassing!!! Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried all day to get it to duplicate this behavior at home with negative results. A slight reduction in power was experienced in the hotel at the weekend, could this have caused it? would much appreciate you comments.

#42755 - 12/02/02 12:10 PM Re: Technical problem??
simon tucker Offline

Loc: uk
Regarding the voltage fluctuation for that I imaging is what you experienced. The KN will have an operating voltage within which the provided supply must maintain. Current legislation in the UK stipulates that provided voltage must be no less than 207volts and no greater than 253volts I trust this is similar in southern Eire. So check your manual, get the hotel to install a voltage recorder (this will be a free service, provided by the electrical distribution company) and if out of this range they will have six months to rectify. Probably one of their guaranteed standards. Good luck however I doubt this is your problem more likely to be a local spirit trying to tell you something!

[This message has been edited by simon tucker (edited 12-02-2002).]

#42756 - 12/02/02 01:06 PM Re: Technical problem??
Justsounds Offline

Loc: Rooskey, Southern Ireland.
Thank you Simon, I agree that the spirits may well have decided to end my performance for some "unknown" reason!
There was without doubt a power fluctuation over the weekend in the hotel, the volume through the powered mixing desk was, without doubt, fluctuating during the evening.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online