SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#427227 - 10/24/16 09:01 PM Re: Montage... and what is to be learned from this... [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

If you were to buy one between the Kronos and the Montage, which one would you choose? I know it is not fair comparison but as a digital accordion player, I can't get over how much more technology you get with these TOL keyboards for the money. One digital accordion out of Switzerland is about $8,000, but basically it has a GM sound set..... Pathetic.

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Comparing the montage to Kronos...
1) Kronos has more options and tools
2) Montage is easier to get results with

Both sound incredible (as do all other high end products)

I am not going to spend my money, i am not done with the Kronos yet, there is still so much to discover inside that box.. And i am not gonna go a 3 piece setup...

So i will stick with the Kronos as long as it lasts being fun, yet i do recognise the strengths of the Montage interface and the raw power of its sound...
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#427228 - 10/24/16 09:41 PM Re: Montage... and what is to be learned from this... [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Torch
If you were to buy one between the Kronos and the Montage, which one would you choose? I know it is not fair comparison but as a digital accordion player, I can't get over how much more technology you get with these TOL keyboards for the money. One digital accordion out of Switzerland is about $8,000, but basically it has a GM sound set..... Pathetic.

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Comparing the montage to Kronos...
1) Kronos has more options and tools
2) Montage is easier to get results with

Both sound incredible (as do all other high end products)

I am not going to spend my money, i am not done with the Kronos yet, there is still so much to discover inside that box.. And i am not gonna go a 3 piece setup...

So i will stick with the Kronos as long as it lasts being fun, yet i do recognise the strengths of the Montage interface and the raw power of its sound...

I think i would still choose the Kronos, because it adds more to my Tyros 5... many of the montage sounds are also in the Tyros 5...

However if i had to choose a single keyboard... now then i would be hard pressed, both have very strong points... but with 9 engines and a full set of workstation features, i still might choose the Kronos as my favorite.. Tough, creating new sounds and such is much harder on the Kronos, in the end thats still its strength.. Montage even tough it is easier to create new things is just a bit stronger where it comes to pre created content..

There is one other remark i need to make : I am not gigging, but for giggers, that want an 88 key on stage, the Montage at 29kg might not be an option..

In the end i have been saying little prayers for years for someone to put a pa4x in the Kronos or put a Montage in the Tyros.. and add 88 keys...

Keep in mind tough, that i own the Kronos and played the Montage in total 6 to 8 hours now...

Edited by Bachus (10/24/16 09:42 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online