SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#427179 - 10/21/16 08:04 PM New! Golden Oldies REX Audio Styles
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
YamahaMusicSoft has a new REX Audio Style pack for the PSR-S970-770, Tyros 5 arrangers.

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sound-and-expansion-libraries/style-files/golden-oldies-audio-styles

These Audio Styles are a different format from the 50 or so Tyros 5 onboard Audio Styles or the available Audio Style expansion packs. Recent updates to the Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) allows the import of REX files. This allowed a Third Party contributor to develop professional Audio REX styles to be compatible with the PSR-S970-770 and Tyros 5 series of arrangers.

There are plenty of REX type (ReCycle) file libraries available online that any user can use to create their own Audio quality drum parts for their style creation, via the YEM. However, these are wonderfully crafted Audio Styles using these REX type files to recreate authentic sounding drum parts reminiscent of the Golden Oldies era.

Marcus

Edited by Marcus (10/21/16 08:15 PM)

#427183 - 10/22/16 02:42 AM Re: New! Golden Oldies REX Audio Styles [Re: Marcus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Very nice and great sounding styles.
Love the "laid back" 60s Beguine and Rumba.

Do you have a link to the 3rd part company as well?

keys

Too bad ... not comapible to T4 frown
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#427186 - 10/22/16 04:29 AM Re: New! Golden Oldies REX Audio Styles [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Marcus Offline

HI Gunnar Jonny

Not compatible with the Tyros 4, but probably convertible in Style Creator if the REX sample format could be converted to wav samples in a UVD ( Custom Drum Kit).

There is a few sample converters out there. I used Sample Converter before for some conversions in the past. If memory serves correctly, conversions were allowed in the Tyros 3 format with Sample Converter, which of course is compatible to the Tyros 4. Wish that developer could update their program to include the Tyros 4 and 5.

Haven't delved deep enough into these REX type files, but the Tyros 4 can accept the WAV/aif samples, while the Tyros 5 can accept WAV/aif, Soundfont, and now these REX files. Not sure if REX2 format works as well, but as long as Soundfont and REX can be converted to WAV samples, should be able to make them work in a Tyros 4 with some knowledge and work in Style Creator.

Regards, Marcus

#427196 - 10/23/16 03:40 AM Re: New! Golden Oldies REX Audio Styles [Re: Marcus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Tnx for the info smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#427205 - 10/23/16 07:56 AM Re: New! Golden Oldies REX Audio Styles [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Marcus Offline

Amazing of potential for us PSR-S670-S970, Tyros 5 users, importing REX format samples via the YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager). Making the Yamaha arrangers the best in the world with the most variety of styles and realism.

Yamaha Expansion Manager Manual
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bObx-jaxiUs

The above link was copied from my iPad, so I hope it works for PC browsers. I'm out if town this weekend. Already miss my Tyros 5, but still enjoy the forums while away.

Marcus

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online