SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#426690 - 10/05/16 06:27 AM Nice performance with vArranger and midi guitar
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
This man (in the right) is playing styles with his midi guitar, and even play some melody with a breath controller. He also use an harmoniser TC. And a pedal to change variations etc...

They had to stop music because of hard health problems, and have decided to play again together the music they were playing 40 years ago

Edited by DAN.2000 (10/05/16 06:28 AM)

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#426692 - 10/05/16 07:33 AM Re: Nice performance with vArranger and midi guitar [Re: DAN.2000]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Dan, that is interesting. We all know that there are purists who prefer only live music and no styles. For musicians who prefer to play styles, I must admit that two guitarists like that have a slight edge over those playing a keyboard arranger in that with the guitarists, the audience can easily see their hands.

This kind of takes me back to a duo that used to play locally, my gosh, this was 30 years ago. They were "Jim & Julie" and they packed the house. They were really good! Both sang fantastically and both played great; she played keys and he played guitar. I suspect she played styles but don't know for sure. However they did it, they pulled it off really, really well because nobody ever thought of there not being enough people on stage to have such a sound. Worth nothing, thought, is that it helped that their vocals were stellar. And they were warm and fun, had charisma.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online