Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#425509 - 08/31/16 05:46 PM pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
For any pa4x owners who may not be aware
If you come across any original old pa1x , pa800 styles etc
and they only have the original 2 fills instead of 4.
A simple way of fixing it is
Choose style( even appears to work in direct mode)
Hit Record Button
Choose record/edit Current Style

Pop up
Fills and guitar mode have been converted

Press ok

Drop down menu
Write style
Ok saves it.
Press record button again
Press Yes to the pop up( you 've already saved it)

You now fave 4 fills instead of 2
And any guitar mode 1 tracks have been converted to guitar mode 2.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#425511 - 08/31/16 09:10 PM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: rikkisbears]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
...and don't forget you can save the "new" style either to User/Favorite memory or to any Factory memory location.

#425513 - 08/31/16 09:55 PM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Don,
Probably would have been handy to mention where to save. Haha

Thank you

Sort of thought I'd mention it just in case someone wasn't aware.

Ie Over on the korg forums a guy mentioned eq settings.
He Just assumed everybody knew about settings, realised some,( including me ) didn't know much about it, wrote them up, I put them in this morning, sounds so much better.

I finally realise why to use it.

Edited by rikkisbears (08/31/16 10:16 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#425515 - 08/31/16 10:36 PM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: rikkisbears]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The more you get into the PA4x, you will realize it is REALLY deep. You can make it your own!

#425518 - 09/01/16 02:36 AM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: DonM
The more you get into the PA4x, you will realize it is REALLY deep. You can make it your own!

+1

smile

#425519 - 09/01/16 03:19 AM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I, also, changed my EQ to the suggested settings and found it much better.

#425523 - 09/01/16 04:41 AM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM

Thanks Don,
Must admit , it inspires one to do just that , make it one's own.
Some functions just work better.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#425525 - 09/01/16 05:37 AM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: rikkisbears]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Using the EQ as suggested and sound is improved. Lloyd

#425526 - 09/01/16 06:20 AM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: rikkisbears]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ditto to using the the EQ for improved sound. The one gotcha I found was what worked on the Pa3x did not work on the Pa4x. Seems the 4x runs hotter in the eq department.

Rikki, Great tip thanks!

#425527 - 09/01/16 06:34 AM Re: pa4x tip , if you only have 2 fills on old styles [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

saw this on the KORg forum regarding EQ Pa4x clik link for pictures...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1fD9_7S1ptNaUdTcWFfR09IQTQ&usp=sharing

"Background info to these settings for you: I've personally found that the Korg default Maxx settings sound pretty bad (and don't do the PA4x sounds any justice at all), so am not surprised that you are unhappy with those default settings.

I created some different settings, quite a few months ago, which sounded great for the keyboard sounds. However, I found that no matter what I did, I couldn't get my chosen (a decent) Mic EQ/sound with those particular settings (I know that I could have taken the mic out on a separate output but didn't want to do that). The main issue was that I tended to want certain frequencies cut and/or boosted for the kbd but didn't want those frequencies to affect my mic eq. Around the same time, I upgraded my mic from a SM58 Beta A (great dynamic Mic) to Shure's top of the line condenser Mic (KSM9 - very expensive).

Subsequently, I decided to go back to the drawing board and create a brand new Global Maxx setup with an attempt of meeting the following criteria:
a) I wanted the Piano sounds to sound natural and not too colored (one of the real tests to decent EQ on the PA4x)
b) I wanted the sound to be mixed/good enough, so that it would still sound good if the EQ was flat on my A&H mixing desk. This would ensure that if I need to tweak the EQ for a particular room/venue that I could quickly/easily adjust it on my mixer rather than having to make any changes within the Maxx settings.
c) I wanted to pick settings that gave me the best possible sound and Signal to Noise Ratio for my particular mixer and speakers (Qsc K10s). Other speakers, will, of course sound very different than the K10s but you can always use these settings for an A/B test or as a starting point for your own setup.
d) I wanted settings that gave me added 'zing' to the parts that need that and added 'thump' and 'body' to the parts that need that.
e) I wanted a Global Maxx setting, which wouldn't clash to much with any EQ settings that I chose to use for my Microphone (i.e. I wouldn't be struggling to get and decent EQ/tone from any chosen Mic.

I haven't had time recently to tweak the Mic settings fully but have included a screenshot of those too, just as information. They still need work though and are specifically for the KSM9 mic of course (and are also attempting to reduce feedback too).

One final point is that I also use these exact settings for my PAas and feel that they are a big improvement to the default option for that too.

I hope that these help, or at least give you something to play with.

Best wishes,
Jon"

Edited by Dnj (09/01/16 06:34 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online