SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#423651 - 07/20/16 09:01 PM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: rphillipchuk]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
They're manipulating you to get your bank account information and your personal details. It's as simple as that. I read about this type of scam all the time.

If she is genuine and truly "hearing-impaired" just say something like: "can you get someone with you who is NOT hearing-impaired so that person can repeat what I say to you on the phone?"

#423653 - 07/20/16 09:54 PM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: Scott Langholff]
Bachus Offline

DONT LET THE SCAMMERS TAKE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY

In the end i only do buiseness when i can look people in the eyes, i allways pick up stuff i buy personally, same goes for stuff i sell, no sending... This works great for me, but then i live in Holland where everyone lives relatively near...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#423655 - 07/21/16 12:34 AM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: Scott Langholff]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have had these Scams.
The process is they send you a cheque for more value than you asked for then say just sent the over payment back.

By the time your bank has rejected it they have already got your money you sent.

Myself I took their cheque to my bank and asked them to confirm whether it was real or not....It turned out to be fraud.

Edited by Graham UK (07/21/16 12:36 AM)

#423656 - 07/21/16 02:26 AM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: Scott Langholff]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It’s your common garden money laundering scam, so always avoid.

If you’re in the UK, forward all emails and details to the Action Fraud Squad

Bill

#423657 - 07/21/16 04:19 AM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: Scott Langholff]
Korgman5
Unregistered

SCAM Forget it.

#423674 - 07/21/16 12:06 PM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Think I can beat ya on the scammers, Scott. Got a call last week from a guy with an East Indian accent that said he was from the IRS and he was in the process of investigating a case in which I owed several thousand dollars in back taxes. Right away I knew it was a scam because the IRS never calls anyone - they ALWAYS inform you via registered mail.

So I asked the caller that does IRS stand for? There was a long pause, then he said "you know sir, this is very serious."

Then I asked him where the IRS was located, he paused again, then said Washington. I responded is that where you are calling from? Yes, he said. Then I said, well why does your caller ID have a Kentucky area code?

At this point he became somewhat irate and said "Sir, if you think that is a prank call, then hang up and you will suffer legal ramifications." I said fine, but when I hang up I will immediately be contacting the US Department of Commerce Fraud Division and provide them your telephone number. What is your name? He immediately hung up.

Ironically, two days later, anther very similar call, this time from a lady caller when a foreign accent, seemed to be Spanish, this time, she left a message on my answering machine to call a number with a Tennessee area code. Obviously, I didn't bother, but I did turn over both numbers to the feds, though I seriously doubt that anything will come of it.

Love the creativity of those scammers, and I cannot believe that anyone would fall for this crap, but they do. I saw on TV where someone gave a person claiming to be the IRS a credit card number because they thought they may owe and that person charged thousands of dollars of merchandise in some mid-western city, until the charge card was wiped out.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#423676 - 07/21/16 03:40 PM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... that's a scam that has been going around for a while now ... the guy who called me said he was agent 'Jose Martin' - with an Indian accent - and said I was going to be prosecuted for certain 'allegations' ... I called his bluff and he hung up ...

#423677 - 07/21/16 04:51 PM Re: OT Do you think this is a scam or for real? [Re: Scott Langholff]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I got the call lately saying I'd won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. All I had to do was pay the taxes on the winnings and they would bring a new truck and a bunch of money to my house that very day! What a deal! smile
I led the guy on for five minutes or so, acting like I was all excited about it. I told him I didn't have all the money and would he accept a down payment. Finally I asked if he would take a sack of Polk Salad instead. He didn't know what Polk Salad was. I told him it was sorta like turnip greens and that every evening I went out and picked a mess of it and carried it home for supper, and that's about all we had to eat. I'm guessing that they didn't hear that song in India, or wherever he was calling from. I asked him if they had turnip greens in his country! It actually was fun until I got to the part where I told him his mother must be really proud of what he was doing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online