SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#421773 - 05/29/16 04:56 AM Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings"
Alan-Russell Offline

Here's my Big Band Arrangement of a classic Count Basie Swing tune called Shiney Stockings composed by Saxophonist Frank Foster.
It's features the Jazzy trumpet and the fabulous Sa2 Bari-Sax. Lots of ensemble colors dressing up the ensembles.
Subject for future revisions.

Instrumentation:

Jazzy Trumpet (Solo Improv)
Baritone Sax Premium Sa2 (Solo Improv)
Trumpet (S.Art2!)

Sax section, Jazz Flute and Muted Trumpet - Main Melody
Pop Horns Dynamic Shake (Ensemble Jazz Improv)
Pop horns Mellow
Romantic Strings (Intro)

Pop Piano
Acoustic Bass
Electric Guitar
Acoustic Drums Kit and Congas (Live)
Itopia Bells

DSP 1 Hall 5.

Have the best audio experience using your favorite headgear. Comments and inquiries are welcome.

https://app.box.com/s/9pamnoi88lq451h1zbviqslc74beln5n

Alan Russell

#422369 - 06/19/16 08:15 AM Re: Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings" [Re: Alan-Russell]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Alan your work is excellent, but I would like to play them away from the computer. Can I purchase these tracks on iTunes, or any other website? The ones I like especially are "Love Boat" and "It might be You." Thanks, and please keep them coming! -Ted

#422379 - 06/19/16 04:17 PM Re: Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings" [Re: TedS]
Alan-Russell Offline

Send me your personel Email address.

#422386 - 06/20/16 01:41 PM Re: Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings" [Re: Alan-Russell]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Private message sent! -Ted

#426768 - 10/06/16 10:27 PM Re: Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings" [Re: Alan-Russell]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Alan-Russell

I'm slowly catching up to your awesome Tyros 5 arrangements. Your "Shiney Stockings" arrangement did not disappoint. "THE" finest example of stellar arranging skills and authentic Big Band sound.

I am still of the opinion that your work and use of the Tyros 5 voices is the finest I have heard, period. I was going to say that your Solo Improvs were "unreal" (in the best meaning), but being so "unreal" (meaning fantastic), they are actually totally real sounding. Your use of the SA2 voices just blows me away each time.

You are so kind to share your work, and the time and effort creating your arrangements and presenting details and info for each piece. Your professional experience, talent, and willingness to share your expertise is greatly admired and appreciated by me.

Too bad there is a lack of interest, or what appears to be a lack of interest. I think more to do with intimidation or not the genre of music the younger musicians are into. I am in no way suggesting that you are trying to intimidate anyone, but there probably is a large percentage of home players or less experienced musicians in these forums that just don't fill in that gap of knowledge and what you are actually doing at your high standard of work.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Marcus

Edited by Marcus (10/06/16 10:28 PM)

#426806 - 10/07/16 03:38 PM Re: Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings" [Re: Marcus]
Alan-Russell Offline

Thank you Marcus. I have found your expertise in your programs very beneficial. Currently I did get in to my own vocals and have found success using your previous suggestions. Please stay in touch.

AR

#426828 - 10/08/16 11:36 PM Re: Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings" [Re: Alan-Russell]
pethep Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Alan,

Simply super played and arranged.
As I have written, I only play by ear. I am a novice at Tyros 5.
Is your sound as a style or registration to have?

Edited by pethep (10/08/16 11:37 PM)

PSR-S900 Amateur now Tyros 5

#426846 - 10/09/16 01:48 PM Re: Tyros 5. Arrangement. "Shiney Stockings" [Re: Alan-Russell]
Alan-Russell Offline

Thank you Peter. There was only one time I used a registration to switch tempos as in my Macarthurs Park midi live score. I do use styles to give me a pulse but delete many of its parts replacing them with my live midi tracks.

Alan Russell

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online