Loc: Netherlands
Hi there,

If you want stuff about the Lionstracs.
It's still there on the site.

Please have a look at: http://www.lionstracs.com/download/

Here you can download:
- GROOVE OS 5 XR.pdf
- GROOVE X6 OS51.pdf
- Groove XR-OS53-Operating System Installation and Upgrade Guide-31 Oct 2011.pdf
- OS51rev2303XR.iso
- VectricCut2D.rar

Cheers,
Jan

#422199 - 06/12/16 06:24 AM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Janr]
LenKop Offline

Hi all,

Thanks for the link Jan.

Nice to see folks out there still using these beasts. i'm still at rev 4.5 on the MS X76, might give the 5.1 a try. I remember there was a hardware change somewhere between my version and 5, but can't remember if it was a graphics card or something else.

cheers

Len

#458613 - 09/24/18 03:55 PM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Janr]
Phil123 Offline

Hello to all.

2018 now!

How many people still have a Lionstracs Mediastation and / or Groove?

Hello to Zmago and Hermut too. Richard Shiftlet (USA), are you still around?
Domenico. Do you sometimes keep in touch?

Anymore? The others, Brian and the others, I don't know (yet).

Anyway....

I'm trying to reboot mine. It hasn't been working for about 4 or 5 years. Now I've learned how to do an image on .iso and I'm trying to do that. Not working though. Trying different options. I think it needs to be done through KUBUNTU though.

Using these....

- LiLi USB Creator. (Windows)
- UNetbootin. (Windows / Linux / Mac)

Get in touch here or on phil_ines@hotmail.com

Best regards
Phil

#458614 - 09/24/18 03:56 PM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: LenKop]
Phil123 Offline

Graphic card.

#458616 - 09/24/18 04:14 PM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Janr]
Phil123 Offline

Hi to all

I'm trying to get my Mediastation working again. It has the upgrade and I'm trying to reboot using the image of the .iso on the usb stick. It's not working though. It works when I use Ubuntu but then I need KDE (according to an email I got years ago from Domenico)! But when I try through KUBUNTU it doesn't work. Do I need to do it through UBUNTU and then add KDE or something?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks for all

Best regards
Phil

#458685 - 09/26/18 01:46 AM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Janr]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Are you using the correct version of Kubuntu?
Have you changed any hardware since the last clean install (Contrary to what the Linux community says, not all later versions will run on older hardware and vice versa)
ISO is best run from disc if you are booting from it.
If you want to install from a USB drive at boot up follow the instructions on the Kubuntu website to create a USB version.

https://kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/

Hope this helps

Bill

#458854 - 09/30/18 12:15 AM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Janr]
freakman Online   content

Hello,
you need a bootable USB stick or CD. If it is not bootable, it will not work. The system runs under Linux Debian. KDE. The problem is to integrate the hardware. I have the Groove XR already set this up X times, unfortunately always with small problems. Domenico left it all, unfortunately with mistakes. I tried to get in contact with him for years, unfortunately he is very hurt that his business was ruined. Today he is no longer interested. If you do not have a backup or copy of your original software it will be very difficult to get it up and running again. My XR runs but synonymous with small restrictions. I now use the Gigasounds with different arrangements with Vst. This works very well.

Edited by freakman (09/30/18 12:17 AM)

#459238 - 10/08/18 01:08 AM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Janr]
Phil123 Offline

Hello Abacus and freakman.... (Bill)

First of all, THANKS A MILLION FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There IS LIFE in the Lionstracs community after all these years!!!!

First of all, I´m Phil. I was/am the one in those videos years ago. (That is another story though!)

Anyway, Zmago and Helmut are trying to help me too. And I also have friends here who know about LINUX.

I feel that I am SO close, but still not getting there....

I will explain my situation.
I have a Mediastation, but it was upgraded to Groove with the special hardware and software. It was working perfectly, but it got de-programmed. I did something wrong somewhere!!!!

It hasn't been working for about 5 years or so.

But Zmago has been trying to help me and then Helmut told me that I need to do an image of the OS.51.iso on a USB stick. I have the OS.51.iso from these pages.

A friend here, who knows about Linux, is trying to help me. We are going very slowly and step by step!!!!

I found out how to do an image, as I had owned a Korg Krome, and needed to do an image on the mini SD card. My friend did that for me. This same friend is now trying to help me get the image of the OS.51.iso on the USB stick through Kubuntu with KDE. The CD / DVD on my Mediastation is disabled, but perhaps it could work again!

I myself actually got the screen back working again, but with an image of the OS.51.iso but through Ubuntu and not Kubuntu. I actually have an email from Domenico, from years ago, that said I needed the KDE. So that, I discovered is on Kubuntu. 1 good thing though, is that the screen actually comes on, but through Ubuntu.

I will pass all this information to my friends. The problem is that they speak little English. BUT technicians understand written English though!!!!

Thanks a million for replying and let's see if with your help and advice above, we can get this working again...

Keep in touch, and hopefully in the next few days or weeks, we can get this working again.

THE GREAT NEWS IS THAT SOME LIONSTRACS OWNERS ARE STILL AROUND.

WE NEED TO FORM A NEW FACEBOOK PAGE

Thanks again,
Let's stay in touch

Best regards
Phil

#459254 - 10/08/18 08:02 AM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Phil123]
freakman Online   content

Hello Phil,

I'm really curious if you can do it, would be great if there could be a ray of light.
I also tried a few things with Linux Debian, but I only got the onboard sound card, the whole hardware runs on encrypted software. It only works with the correct PIN.
At least with the GrooveXR.

Regards

#459513 - 10/12/18 02:21 AM Re: Lionstracs downloads [Re: Janr]
Phil123 Offline

To be continued....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online