SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#420952 - 05/04/16 08:52 AM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Headset mics are great when you are constantly moving around, like a drummer. but you will always sacrifice a little for the benefit of movement.

Allot of singers will use the proximity effect with microphones, basically pulling away or getting real close, to help in control volume, especially if your really need to belt something out without blowing away everyone.

Also of you need to talk to someone, sneeze, cough, suck up some phlegm, you can add a cough switch but that's one more thing.

Also, allot of headset mics tend to be more sensitive and you pick up allot of breathing, since its so close to your mouth.

Crown, Senn, Shure, all are great brands, but also have different levels of each type of mic they make.

As for the frequency, when someone buys a wireless mic from me, I will call for example Shure, and they have frequency charts for the US, I tell them where they will mainly play , and they can give me the best freq with the least amount of interference for that area

#420954 - 05/04/16 09:33 AM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Per the instructions with the Crown Cm-311A, to prevent breath sounds, your lips should be touching the mic's windscreen, which eliminates breath sounds completely. The CM-311A also has a cough-on/off switch which can be programmed on the belt pack. It does require phantom power, which can be provided by either a 9-volt battery that is installed in the belt pack, or directly from a mixer or other equipment with that feature.

The Crown CM311A was designed by Garth Brooks for his specific needs.

You can look at the Frequency response and polar response charts as well as all other features and specks HERE

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#420956 - 05/04/16 10:26 AM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
If you want a really good, actually the best headset than get DPA. Nothing else comes even close.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#420959 - 05/04/16 10:55 AM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Mirza, from what I've read all the DPA headset mics are omni-directional, which tend to have feedback problems. The only super cardiod mics they advertised were handhelds. If you have some specific information, or model number of a non-omni-directional mic made by DPA, please post the link(s).

All the best,

Gary cool

#420962 - 05/04/16 11:18 AM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Hey Gary
4088 is supercardion I think.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#420963 - 05/04/16 11:42 AM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Mirza,
You are probably correct in your evaluation of the DPA mics - for that kind of money they better be the best. Way out of my budget.

Deane

#420964 - 05/04/16 12:17 PM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
mirza Offline

Well, if we play the best keyboards why not invest in best mics for our voices. Same goes for mixers and the speakers too. What is the the point otherwise.

Edited by mirza (05/04/16 12:21 PM)

#420965 - 05/04/16 12:24 PM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: mirza]
travlin'easy Offline

Yep, Mirza, you are correct, but for that price I can get a pair of CM-311As. And, if it's good enough for Garth and an enormous number of other pro singers, it's good enough for me. The very first thing I noticed when I switched from the Audio Tachnica Pro8-Hex was the Cm311A had a lot more depth and clarity than any of the other headset mics I had tried earlier, such as the Countryman-6, which I used one day and returned. The other thing I immediately noticed was there was not a hint of feedback, even when I stepped directly in front of the Bose L1 PAS system I was using at the time. The Countryman E6 screamed if you got in the same zip code with the speakers and that was the super cardiod model, which cost extra.

Others I've tried included two Shure models, can't remember the model numbers, though, Samson, Sennheiser. None of them came remotely close to the Crown in overall sound quality and clarity. I've never seen an DPA in the music stores I frequented, both locally and online, so I have no first hand experience with them to make a comparison.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (05/04/16 12:25 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

#420967 - 05/04/16 12:52 PM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
mirza Offline

Gary,nothing wrong with Countryman. It is a great mic.

#420968 - 05/04/16 01:24 PM Re: OT: Shure or Sennheiser??? [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

The Countryman E6 Super Cardiod was a good mic for someone speaking to a group or congregation, and it performed well for female vocals, but it did not work well with my bullfrog voice. And, it's feedback rejection was horrible. The main reason I purchased one was because I really liked the small footprint. The mic was flesh colored and nearly invisible, which was a great feature. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for me, and it was nearly $700. The other problem Countryman mics had was the extremely thin wire leading to the boom was extremely fragile and didn't hold up well under gigging conditions. I really wanted that mic to work for me.

All the best,

Gary cool

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online