SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#421088 - 05/07/16 04:48 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: FransN]
AlenK Offline

Loc: Great White North
Originally Posted By: FransN
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Except for this one single bug, there is only possitive and good things to read, hear and see abouth these instruments...

That's because if you write something negative your message get deleted on facebook and the casio forum.

I dispute this. Please provide proof of posts that were deleted because they reported negative things.

Edited by AlenK (05/07/16 04:53 PM)

#421099 - 05/08/16 12:27 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
What in your mind qualifies as a huge success ? And where are you getting your information from ?

I hope it's not the same source that convinced you the Yamaha montage would have an on board sequencer ....

Wayt and see....
Its huge in those places where people actually still buy arangers
And thats huge parts of Asia..
Just point me out a single negative review so far...

And actually there is an onboard sequencer....on the montage..
You just cant edit your rcordings, but you can record them..
And i never quoted a source on them, if i made that claim, of which i am not entirely sure, it must have been either based on my intuition or someone elses...

But then if you want to get your own opinion about the mz-x just do like me, read the manuall and then go out to a local music store and play the instrument. Thats the only way to get a fair opinion.

The mz-x should be in stores here in the next few weeks, then you will get my personal opinion on the mz-x500.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421100 - 05/08/16 12:31 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: AlenK]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: AlenK
Originally Posted By: FransN
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Except for this one single bug, there is only possitive and good things to read, hear and see abouth these instruments...

That's because if you write something negative your message get deleted on facebook and the casio forum.

I dispute this. Please provide proof of posts that were deleted because they reported negative things.

Its an assumption, there was once a discussion that got deleted not because of negative comments, but because people got to excited and played the person instead of the facts.

Its like throwing mud, just to throw mud... Because a casio instrument must have huge criticisme, because well, its a casio, isnt it?

#421102 - 05/08/16 01:03 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Firstly the montage does not have an internal sequencer . Even Yamaha don't claim that the inbuilt " motion sequencer " is a real sequencer which was the basis of much debate prior to its reveal . A number of the forum members expressed concerns if it did not have a real sequencer, it would not appeal to them and you basically poured ridicule on those concerns .You were completely wrong then based upon just your "intuition " which s just another way of saying pure speculation and wild baseless guesses .

And now you claim the new Casio arranger keyboard is a huge success but when I ask you a fairly simple question about what basis you claim this to be true , you hint at arranger sales in Asia but no specific or even general numbers ? You have not a single source and your evidence is the lack of negative reviews and for me to wait and see ?

Tell me something Bacchus , if a negative review was posted in Japanese or Chinese or Arabic how would you know whether it was negative or not ? Do you speak those languages ?

if 20 Casio arrangers were bought since launch and no one posted a negative review or any review does that mean the launch as hugely successful ?

How about you take your own advice ? If you don't know the truth behind what you claim don't make those claims !!! Simply wait and see ...

I have really lost some respect for your opinions recently ( not you personally ) especially after the misrepresentation you made over at the korg forum about Squeaks problem with his brand new Casio . Just be clear when you make any claims that you don't have any specific facts on or just say it's mere speculation and no harm is done

#421104 - 05/08/16 05:24 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
rosetree
Unregistered

Firstly the montage does not have an internal sequencer . Even Yamaha don't claim that the inbuilt " motion sequencer " is a real sequencer which was the basis of much debate prior to its reveal .

A week ago there was some confusion in the German forum whether the Montage would not even allow for the recording of one track after the other. But that fear turned out to be wrong, so what you can definitely do is to record single tracks one after the other, but you can't edit anything on board. So I would call it a very basic sequencer without editing functionality.
I think this is disappointing, not enough to qualify as a workstation, and in that sense Bachus was indeed too optimistic (and sounded very convinced of his expectations). But to say that there is no real sequencer at all isn't really true either IMHO.

Edited by rosetree (05/08/16 05:28 AM)

#421110 - 05/08/16 07:12 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I think everyone was hoping the montage would have a fully featured sequencer and not just an onboard recorder smiliar to the Tyros . Whatever the semantics ,it does not have a sequencer in the way that the motif did ,and it was in that context the sequencer was being talked about . In that context it clearly does not have a real sequencer . Anyway let's agree however it is described, in reality it is severely restrictive to record ,edit and produce original music like a true workstation . Sorry for hijacking this thread .

Edited by spalding1968 (05/08/16 07:26 AM)

#421114 - 05/08/16 09:41 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Back to the MZX. I believe that time is of the essence for a fix.

Why? Most buyers of this product have a 30 day full refund on the purchase, with no questions asked.

If there are no updates, I am certain loyal Casio customers are debating on returning the keyboard.

#421116 - 05/08/16 10:30 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: squeak_D]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Dan,
I just saw your post about playing standard midi files on your CGP700. I have one on display in my store and I have no problems playing a standard midi file directly from the USB drive.
(Retired 2021)

#421119 - 05/08/16 11:27 AM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Firstly the montage does not have an internal sequencer . Even Yamaha don't claim that the inbuilt " motion sequencer " is a real sequencer which was the basis of much debate prior to its reveal . A number of the forum members expressed concerns if it did not have a real sequencer, it would not appeal to them and you basically poured ridicule on those concerns .You were completely wrong then based upon just your "intuition " which s just another way of saying pure speculation and wild baseless guesses .

And now you claim the new Casio arranger keyboard is a huge success but when I ask you a fairly simple question about what basis you claim this to be true , you hint at arranger sales in Asia but no specific or even general numbers ? You have not a single source and your evidence is the lack of negative reviews and for me to wait and see ?

Tell me something Bacchus , if a negative review was posted in Japanese or Chinese or Arabic how would you know whether it was negative or not ? Do you speak those languages ?

if 20 Casio arrangers were bought since launch and no one posted a negative review or any review does that mean the launch as hugely successful ?

How about you take your own advice ? If you don't know the truth behind what you claim don't make those claims !!! Simply wait and see ...

I have really lost some respect for your opinions recently ( not you personally ) especially after the misrepresentation you made over at the korg forum about Squeaks problem with his brand new Casio . Just be clear when you make any claims that you don't have any specific facts on or just say it's mere speculation and no harm is done

The whole topic on The korg forum never linked directly to any other post...om any other forum...

Next to that witouth the emotions of having a default product in your hands... Everyone on the korg forums agreed that bug free electronic instruments are an illusion... Which again proves my point...

And again... Its you making a direct attack on the person and not on the facts ( altough you say it is not, its still is a direct attack). But dont worry, i can handle it. And will stick to my own reasoning...

#421121 - 05/08/16 01:22 PM Re: Casio MZX-500 Issues., Please Read! [Re: George Kaye]
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Thanks George...

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online