SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#419427 - 04/08/16 09:05 AM Last job...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
In just a few hours, I will be performing at my last, regularly scheduled, music job. Retirement officially begins this afternoon at 5:00 p.m.. Never thought this day would come, but in my heart, I knew it was inevitable.

I was planning to go to the marina tomorrow and put some finishing touches on a few minor things before the boat goes in the water next week. Then the weather report came on TV forecasting 1 to 3 inches of wet snow for tonight and tomorrow morning. DAMNED I HATE WINTER! This winter seems as it will never end, at last from my perspective.

When the boat eventually goes in the water, maybe next week, I'll haul a van load of stuff to the marina that needs to go on the boat, sails, electronics, radar system, pillows, blankets, sheets, towels, cookware, etc... Then I'll head for the liquor store and restock the bar with a couple cases of beer, some fixings for Green Coconut Margarettas, and a large bottle of Jim Beam Honey. Then it's off to the grocery store to stock the pantry.

With luck, the spring will REALLY arrive, and I'll untie the boat, raise the sails and head to Saint Somewhere. When I have internet service I'll check in at my usual haunts, as I cruise down Chesapeake Bay and into the inshore Atlantic coastal waters. I'll probably come home once or twice a month, if for nothing else, to make sure everything is OK at the house and nothing needs my immediate attention.

All I need now is some warm weather,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#419433 - 04/08/16 09:50 AM Re: Last job... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I know you will miss playing at the nursing homes and assisted living places. Sorry about your sorry weather. I have fished almost every day for the past month. No sails, just 150 horses and an 80-pound thrust trolling motor.
Temperature is averaging 78 to 80.
Feel free to visit.

#419434 - 04/08/16 09:52 AM Re: Last job... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Although musical performing retirement isn't in my vocabulary...
I Know you gonna miss it real bad & so will your fans. Anyway enjoy your sailing & margaritas...

take care

#419436 - 04/08/16 09:53 AM Re: Last job... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny you'll know when it's getting close. Trust me.

#419438 - 04/08/16 10:11 AM Re: Last job... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Gary
Your fans will miss you. Stay in touch with us and enjoy your sailing. Think of all you've done so you deserve it.
Don't forget to let us know when you get close to Hilton Head

bill

#419440 - 04/08/16 10:34 AM Re: Last job... [Re: Bill Lewis]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Stay in touch.

Once a musician, always a musician.

smile

#419454 - 04/08/16 02:37 PM Re: Last job... [Re: guitpic1]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... best wishes, always ...

#419459 - 04/08/16 03:51 PM Re: Last job... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks guys. I just got home from the job, got lots of hugs and kisses from the ladies and handshakes from the men. I played an extra 40 minutes, and the last song I performed was My Way. I kinda got choked up a bit while singing it, the ladies had tears running down their cheeks, and no one wanted me to stop playing. By the the time I began to pack up, I knew it was the right time for me to hang it up. The pain in my lower back was excruciating and I had some difficulty loading the gear from the Rock And Roller Cart into the van. Now, I'm on a heating pad and sipping a Margaretta, while Carol is upstairs cooking a pizza.

I promise to hang around here and check in from time to time, post some videos and photos of my travels, and keep up on what is going on at the forum.

Thanks again, everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#419461 - 04/08/16 04:03 PM Re: Last job... [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, I read your post – like the Last Round up. The song My Way keeps coming. Yes you did your way and you have a fist full of memories to prove it.

Gary you are loved here without doubt; it’s because you have helped many; shared many of your great idea; from your keyboard setup to how to the get more jobs. I still have that one in my computer.

“And now the end is near and so I face the final curtain” The hell with that stuff. You have some fine God given talents; it’s now time to use them in other areas. Knowing you I will not be surprised at the posts that are coming; they will be filled with; “Hey look what I’m into” – “I laid some of my good wisdom on this young musician”. The list is long for a man with your talents.

There is excitement when entering into a new area. Learning; meeting new people; observing what others are trying to do. And the big one – You bring your understanding to those that need help.

Not edifying myself here; I have taken my music to the children who have special needs. I started with my guitar setup. Then to my keyboard set up. I now bring one Bose—one mic. and stand- some wires and my IPad. aaaaaaaah, I’m doing what I always hated – I doing karaoke.

The sky is the limit my friend,

John C.

This is a good one: If you stop posting that means you never really cared. (Smile)

#419462 - 04/08/16 04:23 PM Re: Last job... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Watch that bad back on the sail boat and Bon Voyage buddy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online