SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#4261 - 01/29/04 08:03 PM Re: Bought a Juno 106
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I miss my JX-3P. I even had a programmer with it. Wasn't there a rackmount version made? Planet 5 or something?

-ED-

#4262 - 01/30/04 12:05 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Soft Machine Offline

Paul please dont start that S*** again

think about these word ' NO Remorse, No Regret'

I passed up to go on the road with for high sums of $$$. I passed up a CS80 without knowing cuz i found it ugly. i overlooked many a hammond consoles.

I seem to recall you had pretty cool synths too.

And sorry to say, but a Juno106 is hardly a 'preset' synth. & ED was right, Everybody played a Mini even me

So watcha complaining about!!!

#4263 - 01/30/04 05:10 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Sanvean Offline

Loc: UK
Somehow I guessed this would come back around to haunt us........ I warned all of you months ago when I registered

#4264 - 01/30/04 06:00 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I am not starting this s... over again.

ED set me straight!

#4265 - 01/30/04 06:32 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
3351 Offline

It is the force that sets us all straight young one.

OB-ED-3351

#4266 - 01/30/04 10:13 AM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good point Machine! There were a couple of synths that I wish now that I haden't gotten rid of. Like the K5000s, at leat it had knobs and arppgeiator, plus it had a good keyboard feel.

I was just kidding, I am not giving up my 106. I'm silly, not stupid. I think what i need to do is expand the sound range and add some color in the form of effects to my 106. I wish I could process the 106 through my omni, but I don't think that's possible.

ed suggetsted that I look for some effects pedals and modules. Like delays, and fuzz boxes.

BTW: If any one has any efcts units that they are not useing, send them my way I'll make use of them.

#4267 - 02/03/04 02:07 PM Re: Bought a Juno 106
3351 Offline

Hey Paul,
My G4 died...again...
Funny enough it was working yesterday without a glitch and then all for sudden power supply failed..again. Damn Apple!
Oh well,
All I can do for now is bitch about my favorite MACs in other people's threads. Although I'm considering opening a thread called "**** Apple", but I'm too damn nice for that.

Anyways, what's happening with the whole JUNO thing? I hope it's not gathering dust

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 02-03-2004).]

#4268 - 02/03/04 08:29 PM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

HMM! Maybe you shoul consider buying a new computer.

As for the Juno-106, no it's not collecting dust, but it's not getting used either. I just haven't been inspired, to come up with anything. Sorry! Right now it's just sitting on my spare bed in my office.

#4269 - 02/03/04 09:36 PM Re: Bought a Juno 106
3351 Offline

New computer, eh?
I thought about getting one of those cool looking G5s. The only problem is...I won't be able to run OS9 on those. I still need to use old OS for some older synth editors (like the one for the Yamaha FS1R).
But...you're probably right. Buying a new computer is better then having to drive the damn G4 to repairs all the time. Inspiration is like the force. One day you dot it - then you don't got it.

It's a good thing I'm no longer with my band. Otherwise I'd have to drink and ...other things (just like Mr Keith Richards) to seek inspiration.

As for making music, I haven't written anything myself lately. Same deal - no inspiration. So you're not alone on that one bro.

-ED-

#4270 - 02/03/04 09:58 PM Re: Bought a Juno 106
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe if I added some other pieces of hardware to add some color to my 106 I might get more inspired. Maybe a couple of stompboxes, and an effects unit, a pedal or too. I mihgt even get a Midi Controller keyaborad and some software synths.

I should pull out omni as well.

You know you could look for a second hand apple that is simmialr to the one you have.

Oh yeah, I was reading in Keyboard mag. A compnay called G-Vox is resurecting Retro Software. Such as Paaports Master Tracks Pro, Encore and Music Time.
http://www.gvox.com

Actually I have a Copy of Master track Pro for the Apple IIe. But the softawre and the computer don't work anymore. My fater has two old IIe's that have bad disdrives, the ceased to work.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online