SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#416537 - 02/11/16 01:52 PM Re: To try a Korg or not to try, that is the question. [Re: tony mads usa]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
It took me a while to convert from technics to KORG, but it was worth the time and effort ... now I find the KORG OS very easy to navigate ...
And you can get a lot of help from people here and on the KORG forums ...
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=75&sid=4edc76b4fea42f3028213cc4426f5abe

BTW ... I'm a NIKON guy myself ... NIKON FE2 SLR to NIKON D3300 DSLR ...

Tony
I have the D5100 with a NIKON DX VR II 18-200 F3.5-5.6 AF-S.... It is more then enough for me.....

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#416540 - 02/11/16 02:17 PM Re: To try a Korg or not to try, that is the question. [Re: rphillipchuk]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Good stuff.

Always good to explore something new. If I do make the jump, I'll have to order as no one I can find in Minn carries the PA4X.

Tx all

Edited by guitpic1 (02/11/16 02:21 PM)

#416550 - 02/11/16 04:34 PM Re: To try a Korg or not to try, that is the question. [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
When I grow up I want to be bow Steve ...

wave Tony the problem is I never grew up!! blush blush blush Just a 64 year old teenager.

#416565 - 02/11/16 07:13 PM Re: To try a Korg or not to try, that is the question. [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

wave Tony the problem is I never grew up!! blush blush blush Just a 64 year old teenager.

And I am a 74+ year old teenager ... bounce rocker

#416568 - 02/11/16 10:51 PM Re: To try a Korg or not to try, that is the question. [Re: tony mads usa]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Stephen,
In the mid 1970's I was part of a group of photographers that started a studio. We did weddings, portraits, and sports photography. All of us shot with Hasselblad film cameras. Knowledge of lighting techniques and how to get the best shot was essential for success. I doubt any of us would foot the bill for the Blads today but that is how it was back then. The last wedding I shot cost me a fortune. After shooting the wedding I sent the film off for processing and that was the last I ever saw of it. I had to pay for the entire wedding to be redone just to get the pictures again. After that I stuck to sports and shot for newspapers - Dallas Cowboy games and later the Maveric games. The basketball games were really a challenge because from under the basket we were not allowed to shoot with a flash.

Anyway, didn't mean to steal the thread. By the way, I too have played with the idea of buying the Korg PA4X. I have had the PA1X and the PA2X Pro plus the MicroArranger and did enjoy them. Right now I am busy with my Ketron SD7 and my Tyros 4 and that is enough for now. One word of caution about the Korgs - make sure you register them with Korg. I had one of mine go bad - the motherboard went bad and it was outside the one year warranty period. Had I registered it I would have gotten a 2nd year and would have been covered.

Deane

#416581 - 02/12/16 06:01 AM Re: To try a Korg or not to try, that is the question. [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

And I am a 74+ year old teenager ... bounce rocker

I'm going to guess we have some company in that department.

Originally Posted By: hammer
Stephen,
In the mid 1970's I was part of a group of photographers that started a studio. We did weddings, portraits, and sports photography. All of us shot with Hasselblad film cameras. Knowledge of lighting techniques and how to get the best shot was essential for success. I doubt any of us would foot the bill for the Blads today but that is how it was back then. The last wedding I shot cost me a fortune. After shooting the wedding I sent the film off for processing and that was the last I ever saw of it. I had to pay for the entire wedding to be redone just to get the pictures again. After that I stuck to sports and shot for newspapers - Dallas Cowboy games and later the Maveric games. The basketball games were really a challenge because from under the basket we were not allowed to shoot with a flash.

Anyway, didn't mean to steal the thread. By the way, I too have played with the idea of buying the Korg PA4X. I have had the PA1X and the PA2X Pro plus the MicroArranger and did enjoy them. Right now I am busy with my Ketron SD7 and my Tyros 4 and that is enough for now. One word of caution about the Korgs - make sure you register them with Korg. I had one of mine go bad - the motherboard went bad and it was outside the one year warranty period. Had I registered it I would have gotten a 2nd year and would have been covered.

Deane

Deane,

Great story on your background with photography and the Hasselblads. Very cool too on the Cowboys and Mavericks. YUP, it's all about the "light" with photography.

Sounds like you've got plenty to keep you going with the SD7 and T4.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online