SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416544 - 02/11/16 03:03 PM Broken Ketron SD 1000 on Arrival?
rosetree
Unregistered

I'm just recovering from quite a shock.
As I wrote in another thread, I ordered a Ketron SD 1000 again (from Thomann, biggest European online music store) after I had sold my first one (stupidly).
It was B-ware with full warranty.
I received the parcel yesterday and just checked if it switches on, it did.
An hour ago I connected it via midi to my controller keyboard. What a shock. All the sounds in mono, in wrong order and many drained in reverb without a dry signal.
This unit is supposed to reset back to default settings each time it is switched off.

The only thing I imagined could help other than sending it back and waiting for my refund of 400 euros was trying the 1.4 version update Ketron provides.
I installed their software, had a few hangers connecting the module via USB, but then the update progressed.

Reconnected to the controller - et voilą - all sounds in stereo, normal order and normal reverb.

What the hell has the former customer done with it??? Started the update and interrupted it in the middle? I can't imagine anything else, as the module doesn't store anything. I hope I can be sure now...

#416554 - 02/11/16 04:49 PM Re: Broken Ketron SD 1000 on Arrival? [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I'm just recovering from quite a shock.
As I wrote in another thread, I ordered a Ketron SD 1000 again (from Thomann, biggest European online music store) after I had sold my first one (stupidly).
It was B-ware with full warranty.
I received the parcel yesterday and just checked if it switches on, it did.
An hour ago I connected it via midi to my controller keyboard. What a shock. All the sounds in mono, in wrong order and many drained in reverb without a dry signal.
This unit is supposed to reset back to default settings each time it is switched off.

The only thing I imagined could help other than sending it back and waiting for my refund of 400 euros was trying the 1.4 version update Ketron provides.
I installed their software, had a few hangers connecting the module via USB, but then the update progressed.

Reconnected to the controller - et voilą - all sounds in stereo, normal order and normal reverb.

What the hell has the former customer done with it??? Started the update and interrupted it in the middle? I can't imagine anything else, as the module doesn't store anything. I hope I can be sure now...

there's always surprises with used gear...glad you worked it out.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online