SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12
Topic Options
#415153 - 01/23/16 07:55 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I guess that the way these aftermarket people make their money, I could see it if your a pro musician playing music either live on stage, or studio recording, etc for a living,.. but to just sit in your living room and play for yourself seems like a very expensive way to go,.....enjoy whatever you play!.....

Not sure, you're not talking about me personally, are you? I don't sit in the living room playing for myself. I prepare orchestral playbacks for singers and have gigs with soloists and alone where I need good orchestral sounds. The instruments I presently use, MoXF with a few libraries of modest price and Integra, are not too expensive compared to a Tyros 5 or Kronos. The Montage would be too expensive for my needs and a waste regarding FM-X engine, but I hope a lightweight version will some time be released.

rosetree I'm not talking about you at all but in a general sense...
so many people have so much useless gear that isn't really needed is what I was driving at ....when I'm sure they could very well make beautiful music with so much less if they put their mind to it..good luck with your musical endeavors sounds very interesting.

#415154 - 01/23/16 07:56 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Rosetree, since you own a MoXF, I was wondering if you can answer a question:

In Performance Mode on my Motif XF, I can play 3 arpeggios on the left, and 1 voice (melody) on the right. Does the MoXF play 4 arps on the left, and 1 voice on the right?

Thanks!

#415155 - 01/23/16 07:59 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

so many people have so much useless gear that isn't really needed is what I was driving at ....when I'm sure they could very well make beautiful music with so much less if they put their mind to it

That's certainly true, and in part, for me as well. It's the Gear Acquisition Syndrome... the exaggerated wish to have a wide choice of sounds etc. one doesn't really need.

#415156 - 01/23/16 08:02 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Mikem

In Performance Mode on my Motif XF, I can play 3 arpeggios on the left, and 1 voice (melody) on the right. Does the MoXF play 4 arps on the left, and 1 voice on the right?

Thanks!

Oh, I have made such little use of arpeggios... but I guess one arpeggio requires one part, so as there are only 4 parts in a performance, I guess it's not possible to have 4 + 1. But I'll check.

#415157 - 01/23/16 08:04 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Mikem

Thanks!

Oh, I have made such little use of arpeggios... but I guess one arpeggio requires one part, so as there are only 4 parts in a performance, I guess it's not possible to have 4 + 1. But I'll check.

Thanks very much for checking! The reason I ask is that I think I read it somewhere, though I don't remember where.

#415158 - 01/23/16 08:15 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

you spend good money on a TOTL synth, ...then people look for "more sounds" to buy and add to it? why not just use what's in the KB,...isn't anyone happy with the factory sounds & tools?
I don't get it...?

This is not for people that just want to replay golden oldies.. (No pu intended)

This is for people that want to be creative on stage and create their own sounds and performances on stage, having your own samples and own sound is very important to them... I.e. Where many of the OMB's that play arrangers want to sound just like the orriginal, this beast is meant for people that want to be the orriginal...

In current music, sound creation is probably more i portant then mellody..

Edited by Bachus (01/23/16 08:16 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#415207 - 01/24/16 07:11 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Blake Angelos again from NAMM 2016. The audio isn't very good, but he does a great job at explaining the Montage. Orchestral starts at 7:50, for those who love those types of sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M16M9xxjM6U

#415227 - 01/24/16 11:39 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Mikem]
jp47 Offline

Loc: Québec Can.
I don't think any arranger sounds like this, perhaps no workstation also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2QACCwVzk

#415253 - 01/24/16 09:32 PM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: jp47]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jp47
I don't think any arranger sounds like this, perhaps no workstation also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2QACCwVzk

The Montage is not a Workstation either..
its a performance synth..
Yamaha has left the Workstation buiseness for now
Probably because recording in a hardware instrument cant compete with a DAW

But...

About the sound
People that have heard it live all love it
Its massive and realsistic
Even true Analogue Synth devotees loved it
And they also agree this does not feel like a rompler
This feels like a real synthesizer.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12