SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#415218 - 01/24/16 10:11 AM Re: Accent Digital Piano and the Accent MIDI Module [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Thank you, Donny, your wishes sound like I was doing something very unusual. A I said, many people want modules. The Integra has 27 reviews at Thomann.de, check it, that's a good number, about as many reviews as for MoXF6.
I don't really know what your motivation is to speak against them generally. Isn't it enough to say it's not for you personally?

rosetree....I meant no harm or disrespect to you or anyone, If it came off that way I apologize,..I just see them as something that came & went....believe me I've had & performed with many different modules years ago of all kinds connected to my KB's.....yes they served their purpose,..but now is a new era and technology where you can do so much more with what is available to achieve the same thing. It was nice when manufacturers and KB's & a module version of the same OS engine & 61/76/88 key versions of each also...but that's long gone. I embrace what's new and kool in gear I just pick and choose whats good for MY needs.

#415220 - 01/24/16 10:24 AM Re: Accent Digital Piano and the Accent MIDI Module [Re: Torch]
rosetree
Unregistered

I didn't feel disrespected at all, I just think you just generalized too much what you personally regard as impractical about modules. In my point of view, there will always be the wish to optimize certain sounds by using modules, even if the general level of sounds is so high. For example, even regarding the Tyros 5 not everyone is happy about the pianos, as you can read in the forum. Instead of changing over to the PA-4X just because of this one sound, it's nice to have the lightweight option of a piano module, which you could easily integrate into the Tyros operation (at least with an iPad or similar). Not for everyone, but - let's just see whether these companies, especially Synthogy, will be successful with their modules. The market will decide.

#415226 - 01/24/16 11:19 AM Re: Accent Digital Piano and the Accent MIDI Module [Re: Torch]
rosetree
Unregistered

Regarding this M-Audio module, I just read in another forum how everyone complains about the low quality of their products, but I think you have to distinguish the sounds (which they get from third party providers) from their hardware.
So, I don't see a reason why the low price alone would suggest a bad piano sample. Listen to the piano at 3:10 in this video - the demonstrator plays a very simple tune, which makes it sound less impressive, but I think the sample itself sounds very good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2Sz-Mujrc
(video posted by Torch already)

Edited by rosetree (01/24/16 11:20 AM)

#415238 - 01/24/16 03:07 PM Re: Accent Digital Piano and the Accent MIDI Module [Re: Mikem]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
I think the idea of more sound modules is great. However, in this particular case, for me anyway, it's not so great.

The module in question only has 20 sounds, and it costs a mere $249.00. I mean, how good can it be? Especially compared to the Roland Integra-7?

Thank you, Torch, for finding and posting this. It may be of interest to others.
I gotta watch out myself and those low prices which make it "unnecessarily" easier for me to buy provided that the quality is there. I already came up with some excuses; a quick, reliable setup for midi controllers, an instant backup when using PC based VSTs and software, maybe a USB midi host - offering a midi din out from a USB only controller. For the price, it seems to be a quality product with two balanced line outs. It would be more appealing had it been smaller for traveling but I guess those sliders need some space.

Edited by Torch (01/24/16 03:08 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#415239 - 01/24/16 03:29 PM Re: Accent Digital Piano and the Accent MIDI Module [Re: ]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Regarding this M-Audio module, I just read in another forum how everyone complains about the low quality of their products, but I think you have to distinguish the sounds (which they get from third party providers) from their hardware.
So, I don't see a reason why the low price alone would suggest a bad piano sample. Listen to the piano at 3:10 in this video - the demonstrator plays a very simple tune, which makes it sound less impressive, but I think the sample itself sounds very good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2Sz-Mujrc
(video posted by Torch already)
Point well taken. I happen to have just about all sounds by Air Music Tech. I started with their Xpand!2 which either came with a midi controller or I paid a mere $50. Many great, useful sounds. Judging from it, I would think that the 20 sounds would be good.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online