SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#415198 - 01/24/16 06:30 AM New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000
Bachus Offline

Seems to be intended for the asian market

http://keyszone.boards.net

#415200 - 01/24/16 06:35 AM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Yamaha will sell a ton of these arrangers with the S970/Psr3000 they are addressing the world markets needs as it should be ... love the joy stick. clap

#418034 - 03/08/16 03:52 PM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Just sold my PSRA2000, and bought PSRA3000 smile
This is like a PSR S770 + 512 MB of ram + oriental sounds and styles

It is a nice kb , but sounds too much treble to my ears , after 2 hours changed the EQ from Standard to FLAT, and it is better now smile

I will try to load some SF2 sounds in the memory to see if I can improve the yamaha drums that does not sound enough like a true drumkit

I also don't like that we can't save a presets with 2 or 3 layers on it, and recall it easily like on vArranger smile

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#418082 - 03/09/16 05:48 PM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: DAN.2000]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Just sold my PSRA2000, and bought PSRA3000 smile
This is like a PSR S770 + 512 MB of ram + oriental sounds and styles

It is a nice kb , but sounds too much treble to my ears , after 2 hours changed the EQ from Standard to FLAT, and it is better now smile

I will try to load some SF2 sounds in the memory to see if I can improve the yamaha drums that does not sound enough like a true drumkit

I also don't like that we can't save a presets with 2 or 3 layers on it, and recall it easily like on vArranger smile
This is what I have just begun to learn while working with vArranger. As someone here mentioned before, vArranger serves as a powerful patch changer/manager not to mention the most versatile arranger.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#418097 - 03/10/16 02:01 AM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

I did my first gig with the Yamaha PSR-A3000.

The PSR sounds very good. Did you notice that some SA sounds are very loud compared to the other sounds? like for examples the STRINGS sounds are very loud

The Piano sound is a bit LOW and sounds very different from the previous generation of psr s710. It sounds too much real now :), and was not able to get a nice sound with the PA

I will need to adapt my playing.

Also, a lot of previous styles has been tweaked with the new sounds, but I think old styles sounds better. Good thing, we can load the previous styles with USB smile

What do you think about it? It seems that this generation of keyboard is less plug and play and need more tweaking before gig

Most of my sounds are using 2 layers, and I hate to be limited to only 4 OTS to change my sounds

Too bad the PSR has only 2 layers, and not 3 or 4

But ... this keyboard is a winner !

Dan

#418098 - 03/10/16 02:24 AM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

I did my first gig with the Yamaha PSR-A3000.

The PSR sounds very good. Did you notice that some SA sounds are very loud compared to the other sounds? like for examples the STRINGS sounds are very loud

The Piano sound is a bit LOW and sounds very different from the previous generation of psr s710. It sounds too much real now :), and was not able to get a nice sound with the PA

I will need to adapt my playing.

Also, a lot of previous styles has been tweaked with the new sounds, but I think old styles sounds better. Good thing, we can load the previous styles with USB smile

What do you think about it? It seems that this generation of keyboard is less plug and play and need more tweaking before gig

Most of my sounds are using 2 layers, and I hate to be limited to only 4 OTS to change my sounds

Too bad the PSR has only 2 layers, and not 3 or 4

But ... this keyboard is a winner !

Now i need to ask a question?

Why dont you GiG with Varranger?

#418100 - 03/10/16 04:24 AM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

smile

Sometimes I gig with vArranger, sometimes I use PSR, and sometimes the two together, depending on the situation

For this PSR, it includes nice oriental sounds & styles that I need sometimes and can't be found yet in VST

You too have a lot of instruments smile

I also have an Audya, SD1, SD2, SD4, SD1000, BK5, PA600QT, PSR-A3000, and more

But for gig, it is often vArranger / PSR

Dan

#418119 - 03/10/16 12:24 PM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

smile

Sometimes I gig with vArranger, sometimes I use PSR, and sometimes the two together, depending on the situation

For this PSR, it includes nice oriental sounds & styles that I need sometimes and can't be found yet in VST

You too have a lot of instruments smile

I also have an Audya, SD1, SD2, SD4, SD1000, BK5, PA600QT, PSR-A3000, and more

But for gig, it is often vArranger / PSR

Thanks for your answer Dann..

I was just wondering about the reason, can be that some people still dont accept musicians with laptops on stage and cal them fake.. As they do not understand the technollogy...

#418130 - 03/10/16 04:15 PM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
....some people still dont accept musicians with laptops on stage and cal them fake.. As they do not understand the technollogy...
A friend used to gig with a big Ketron expander. He says often people come near the "machine" and says, "Oh, it's the machine that plays it." With his digital accordion now costing over $20,000, big pedals, foot switches, vocalizer, and cables everywhere, it is a little too much stuff on the stage. I helpled him reduce and simplfy his setup. I've seen a guy on Youtube who had so much stuff and cables that it looked more like an airplane cockpit! I have not used my tablet PC on gigs yet, but if I place it on a music stand, I'd think people would not even know I have a computer up there.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#418142 - 03/11/16 02:21 AM Re: New Yamaha arranger at Namm PSR A3000 [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Yes I am using just a surface pro tablet close the keyboard, it looks like it is the screen of the synth, and not an external laptop. I too like simple setups

Dan

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online