SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >
Topic Options
#414622 - 01/14/16 01:05 PM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
According to

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/synthe-numerique/yamaha/montage-76/news/a.play,n.31466.html

the Montage has "4 GB of waveform storage" ("Mémoire de 4 GB pour les formes d’onde"). If this refers to the flash size for libraries, it would be a bit disappointing. But I wonder where they got the information from and if it is reliable.

Same information and picture as in the article that started this all... Tough this also confirms 32 channels ( up from 16) and 4 GB user memmory (up from 2 GB)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#414657 - 01/15/16 04:50 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

This is said to have been leaked on The Yamaha US site shortly. It looks real. No sequencer, only 1.75 GB free waveform storage, only 128 polyphony for AWM2 alone ( but for stereo voices, so, as a well-informed user says, that would still be twice the old polyphony when using stereo samples). Maybe you have to scroll down the page.
http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/yamaha-montage.630868/page-5#post-7767097

Edited by rosetree (01/15/16 05:11 AM)

#414658 - 01/15/16 05:17 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Great find, Rosetree! Sounds very interesting. I can't wait to hear one. I'm curious to hear how good the orchestral sounds are compared to Kurzweil's, the Integra-7's, Motif's sound libraries and even VST's!

#414667 - 01/15/16 06:38 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

The mentioned new piano, new strings etc. sound interesting. However I like flexibility in selecting additional sound libraries, and so I just hope the 1.75 GB flash is just a standard flash included and that it could be extended. With 1.75 GB of free waveform space it can never be a competitor to the Kronos. But we still don't know all the features...

#414668 - 01/15/16 07:12 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
If there is no internal sequencer then this board is a non starter for me . But the next few months will be a great time to pick up a used motif XF. It seems crazy to omit this feature given that it costs nothing more and there are still a lot of die hard musicians like me who want to thrash out the basics of a track on the instrument I play as the inspiration takes me .

#414669 - 01/15/16 07:18 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: spalding1968]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
If there is no internal sequencer then this board is a non starter for me . But the next few months will be a great time to pick up a used motif XF. It seems crazy to omit this feature given that it costs nothing more and there are still a lot of die hard musicians like me who want to thrash out the basics of a track on the instrument I play as the inspiration takes me .

Same with me, I'm used to the MoXF sequencer. For big projects I use Cakewalk Sonar, but often I prefer doing it right on the MoXF.
We don't know yet, the sequencer isn't mentioned, on the other hand there are play and pause symbols visible on one of the touchscreen pictures (but they might only function in connection with a connected computer(?)). I would rate it very stupid too if it didn't work standalone.

Edited by rosetree (01/15/16 07:19 AM)

#414670 - 01/15/16 07:20 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree

Same with me, I'm used to the MoXF sequencer. For big projects I use Cakewalk Sonar, but often I prefer doing it right on the MoXF.
We don't know yet, the sequencer isn't mentioned, on the other hand there are play and pause symbols visible on one of the touchscreen pictures (but they might only function in connection with a connected computer(?)). I would rate it very stupid too if it didn't work standalone.

offcourse it will have an internal sequencer... it is full backwards compatible with the Motif XF..

it should also have the arps and the patternmode...

#414671 - 01/15/16 08:38 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Not necessarily. Bacchus

It is fully backward compatible with Motif XF voices . The link this thread refers to says nothing about a conventional sequencer or compatabiltiy with the predecessors arps etc . If it is then that's great but I would not assume anything yet ....

#414683 - 01/15/16 12:10 PM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#414689 - 01/15/16 01:42 PM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Not necessarily. Bacchus

It is fully backward compatible with Motif XF voices . The link this thread refers to says nothing about a conventional sequencer or compatabiltiy with the predecessors arps etc . If it is then that's great but I would not assume anything yet ....

Well, obviously not everything is in the thread.... But then, there is so much to tell about this keyboard, it cant all be in the thread..

In a few nights we will know...

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online