SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#415117 - 01/22/16 07:42 PM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Nate Cheddar(?) does a great job of explaining the Montage in an easy-to-understand way. He says that the Montage is about 3 things:

1) Sound

2) Controlling the sound

3) Integrating it into your workflow

He then explains each of these, and shows how it's different from anything else out there.

The second half of the video shows Phil Clendenin playing various performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4zErPCj-8

Edited by Mikem (01/22/16 07:42 PM)

#415121 - 01/23/16 12:23 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

http://download.yamaha.com/search/produc...duct_id=2166246

There we go, the user manuall, now start reading..

I did, and it looks at first glance that adding Varranger and using the onboard buttons sliders and knobs to controll it will be possible

http://keyszone.boards.net

#415143 - 01/23/16 07:06 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

A Bonners Music demo showcasing the Montage's presets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6k3QSTCQRk

#415144 - 01/23/16 07:07 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

A piano shootout between Montage and Kronos 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6v58Syl1ZA

#415145 - 01/23/16 07:11 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
Nate Cheddar(?) does a great job of explaining the Montage in an easy-to-understand way. He says that the Montage is about 3 things:

1) Sound

2) Controlling the sound

3) Integrating it into your workflow

He then explains each of these, and shows how it's different from anything else out there.

The second half of the video shows Phil Clendenin playing various performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4zErPCj-8

*That's Nate Tschetter, not Cheddar. My apologies. I must've been hungry!

#415146 - 01/23/16 07:16 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Dnj Online   content

you spend good money on a TOTL synth, ...then people look for "more sounds" to buy and add to it? why not just use what's in the KB,...isn't anyone happy with the factory sounds & tools?
I don't get it...?

#415147 - 01/23/16 07:23 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Mikem

*That's Nate Tschetter, not Cheddar. My apologies. I must've been hungry!

No, that's just a perfect illustration of North American phonetics wink

#415150 - 01/23/16 07:27 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj
you spend good money on a TOTL synth, ...then people look for "more sounds" to buy and add to it? why not just use what's in the KB,...isn't anyone happy with the factory sounds & tools?
I don't get it...?

No, they aren't. Expandability of sounds has been a characteristic feature of up-market synthesizers for a long time. As individual preferences of sounds are different, it is a possibility to "individualize" the instrument to a certain degree. I want symphonic sounds, somebody else wants electronic dance sounds etc., it doesn't make sense to put everything imaginable into the instrument as presets.

#415151 - 01/23/16 07:37 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: ]
Dnj Online   content

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I don't get it...?

No, they aren't. Expandability of sounds has been a characteristic feature of up-market synthesizers for a long time. As individual preferences of sounds are different, it is a possibility to "individualize" the instrument to a certain degree. I want symphonic sounds, somebody else wants electronic dance sounds etc., it doesn't make sense to put everything imaginable into the instrument as presets.

I guess that the way these aftermarket people make their money, I could see it if your a pro musician playing music either live on stage, or studio recording, etc for a living,.. but to just sit in your living room and play for yourself seems like a very expensive way to go,.....enjoy whatever you play!.....

#415152 - 01/23/16 07:48 AM Re: YAMAHA MONTAGE Presented in Magazine! [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

I guess that the way these aftermarket people make their money, I could see it if your a pro musician playing music either live on stage, or studio recording, etc for a living,.. but to just sit in your living room and play for yourself seems like a very expensive way to go,.....enjoy whatever you play!.....

Not sure, you're not talking about me personally, are you? I don't sit in the living room playing for myself. I prepare orchestral playbacks for singers and have gigs with soloists and alone where I need good orchestral sounds. The instruments I presently use, MoXF with a few libraries of modest price and Integra, are not too expensive compared to a Tyros 5 or Kronos. The Montage would be too expensive for my needs and a waste regarding FM-X engine, but I hope a lightweight version will some time be released.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online