SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#412848 - 12/10/15 12:36 PM Tyros 6
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada

New Tyros https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8M_0Yed2Y

Spec wise it looks pretty impressive, but we have seen fakes before. It does look legitimate.
Tyros 6
-Voice Editor
-SA2 Editor (was waiting for this)
-2400 Voice + 82 New Voice SA2 (now that's talking)
-2+1 Live Controllers (makes sense-from the S970)
-internal flash 2 GB (I hope included)
-SSD (good idea, probably not huge)
-USB 3.0
-500 Style + 210 Audio Styles (I do like the Audio styles)
-complete edit Style 32 track (very impressive, must see)
-complete song & pad editor
-auto-convert MID to Style (same on Korg PA4X)
-2 Input Mic Input Vocal Harmony & Guitar (about time having stereo mic in again)
-6 Output, 1 Output Digital Audio

Marcus

Attachments
Tyros 6.jpg

#412853 - 12/10/15 02:49 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
2 mic inputs I have been calling for as a keyboard and Guitar player I can use mic and other for my Guitar Acoustic and use onboard effects I would love too see that !!!!!!

better Piano is a must I need a cutting Piano that works in the mix

better Drums would be great as well where there is smoke ther could be fire.

#412855 - 12/10/15 02:52 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
the Pictue is TYROS 5 prob a hoax but I would love to have those upgrades

#412858 - 12/10/15 02:55 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: musicforyourday]
Marcus Offline

We're beginning to get a little suspicious because we see no second mic input jack or the digital audio out in the video. Too early to tell. If this is a leaked video, Yamaha won't be too happy about it.

Marcus

#412867 - 12/10/15 04:13 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I see 2 knobs on the left, just like the PSR-S970. The Tyros 5 came out in November, 2013. That's just 2 years ago, but I remember the Tyros 4 came out 2 years after the Tyros 3. So, who knows? Maybe it's a real picture of the next Tyros.

#412870 - 12/10/15 05:25 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
" -complete edit Style 32 track (very impressive, must see)"

I watched the video, and other than a text list of features at the end, there were no details of this feature. What else/where else have you heard more about this? Thanks.

#412879 - 12/10/15 07:58 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: TedS]
Marcus Offline

The only other thing interesting externally besides the obvious 2 knob live control is the Voice Creator button added. So I assume that an on-board Voice Creator was introduced again, that was removed on the Tyros 5 and added as a PC program within the Tyros 5 YEM. I am sure the YEM Voice Creator version will remain as well. The Tyros 3&4 both had on-board and PC Voice Creator program version.

Marcus

Attachments
Voice Creator.jpg

#412880 - 12/10/15 09:29 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
Bachus Offline

Its a fake...

Probably the wishlist of the website

There is so many things missing on that list, that are to be expected with a T6...

-Deejay styles to accompany those knobs
-Synth world feature for those modern styles

I am pretty sure they will be part of the Tyros 6 when it arives late 2016

http://keyszone.boards.net

#412886 - 12/11/15 05:54 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Bachus]
Marcus Offline

I am surprised that a third party supplier for the Tyros line would post such a video without explanation.

If it was indicated that it was a wishlist, then obviously a fake. If just labeling it "unofficial", there is always a possibility of a leak, but there was too many errors to draw suspicion.

For so little external changes, maybe Yamaha could get away with special edition Tyros 5 model as they further develop the next TOTL arranger.

Marcus

#412888 - 12/11/15 06:39 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
Dnj Offline

I say fake....

#412898 - 12/11/15 10:00 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
124 Offline

Me too. It wasn't that long ago that the talk was Yamaha were dropping the Tyros name in favour of some other name. I'm pretty sure there was some discussion on this forum about it.

#412915 - 12/11/15 02:44 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: 124]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
If I was Yamaha, I'd sit tight.

A hint late 2016 would work. More info early 2017.

The S970 was a big hint of things to come in the PSR line if Yamaha keeps arrangers in the PSR line.

If I was Yamaha, I would produce a Clavinova line that could do anywhere close to what a PSR could do. And since many folks are used to paying $5,000 US for Tyros,...why not charge that and more for an 88 key keyboard? That might seem a bargain.

Thoughts?

#412918 - 12/11/15 02:56 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
Dnj Offline

T6 will probably be a DJ featured machine if they follow the S970 trend to enhance the younger players to get involved with arrangers not just for performing live but for recording tracks to DJ with also using the features...older wooden organ players are phasing out so new blood must be targeted to survive in the market.

#412937 - 12/11/15 08:05 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
The poster of the video admitted that it is fake:
Scroll down
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,32317.0.html

wink

#412949 - 12/12/15 03:33 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
T6 will probably be a DJ featured machine if they follow the S970 trend to enhance the younger players to get involved with arrangers not just for performing live but for recording tracks to DJ with also using the features...older wooden organ players are phasing out so new blood must be targeted to survive in the market.

Not totally right...

The update will as with the T5 have several eye catchers...

Making Modern dance music is one of them for sure... but that will come with 2 or even more assignable knobs (much wider then just dance music) Deejay styles (tough probably with a chordsequencer usable in al styles) and a synth world feature, (advanced organ world based on synths)

I can also see them adding the piano room features of the Clavinova range. including piano based styles

They will also probably add a new drum engine, much more akin to what VST's are doing, as we have seen in the past, Yamaha knows what top features from VST's to pick and how to transfer them to the Tyros range.

They might also expand the current ensemble feature with a true orchestra feature like the best orchestral sounds from LASS use in Kontakt. Yamaha so far has shown itselves a Master in taking these high end features and turning them into really playable and accessible features.

And when you look at the patents, they recently got, they might take Audio styles to the level of Ketron and beyoud... they have the patents to do so..

They might also take the multi pads to the next level, its been kind of stale where it is now, and they have the means to do so.. with the arpeggiators and audio patents, this could find its way back to the pads..

On top of that they will expand the current features with more styles, more sounds, SA2 sounds, new Organ world sounds (probably from the reface)

And finally i think Yamaha with their new hardware platform finally will update the Tyros range with a touchscreen ... and if they do so, it will probably also mean they will rebrand their TOTL arranger with a new name, yet still keeping the backward compatibillity professional players need so much..

I think when you keep aneye at NAMM 2016 and the new Montage that should rise there, you will see what Yamaha can do with their latest technollogy, and some of that will make its way into T6, now not everything on this list will make it, but T6 (or whatever it is named) will be much more then an arranger geared for dance music... It will allways be the totall package..

#412954 - 12/12/15 06:31 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Not totally right...

The update will as with the T5 have several eye catchers...

Making Modern dance music is one of them for sure... but that will come with 2 or even more assignable knobs (much wider then just dance music) Deejay styles (tough probably with a chordsequencer usable in al styles) and a synth world feature, (advanced organ world based on synths)

I can also see them adding the piano room features of the Clavinova range. including piano based styles

They will also probably add a new drum engine, much more akin to what VST's are doing, as we have seen in the past, Yamaha knows what top features from VST's to pick and how to transfer them to the Tyros range.

They might also expand the current ensemble feature with a true orchestra feature like the best orchestral sounds from LASS use in Kontakt. Yamaha so far has shown itselves a Master in taking these high end features and turning them into really playable and accessible features.

And when you look at the patents, they recently got, they might take Audio styles to the level of Ketron and beyoud... they have the patents to do so..

They might also take the multi pads to the next level, its been kind of stale where it is now, and they have the means to do so.. with the arpeggiators and audio patents, this could find its way back to the pads..

On top of that they will expand the current features with more styles, more sounds, SA2 sounds, new Organ world sounds (probably from the reface)

And finally i think Yamaha with their new hardware platform finally will update the Tyros range with a touchscreen ... and if they do so, it will probably also mean they will rebrand their TOTL arranger with a new name, yet still keeping the backward compatibillity professional players need so much..

I think when you keep aneye at NAMM 2016 and the new Montage that should rise there, you will see what Yamaha can do with their latest technollogy, and some of that will make its way into T6, now not everything on this list will make it, but T6 (or whatever it is named) will be much more then an arranger geared for dance music... It will allways be the totall package..

All speculative for sure...no way of knowing what they will do if at all..it's all about making money and that's the bottom line. wink

#412956 - 12/12/15 07:26 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Bachus, I hope you are right. But, I highly doubt .Seeing what they did in last few years, we might even see more cuts in TOTL arrangers from Yamaha. Again I do hope you are right.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#412957 - 12/12/15 07:36 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
Dnj Offline

Yamaha would be smart to send out questionnaires to All their buyers of arrangers asking what new features, changes, they would like to see implemented to get a Gage on what the customers want & need showing the percentages worldwide of each, ....then try to give them some of their requests in future models.....I believe the next models will be more feature driven improvements.

#412963 - 12/12/15 08:46 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Dnj]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Yamaha would be smart to send out questionnaires to All their buyers of arrangers asking what new features, changes, they would like to see implemented to get a Gage on what the customers want & need showing the percentages worldwide of each, ....then try to give them some of their requests in future models.....I believe the next models will be more feature driven improvements.

These are wise words..........

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#412966 - 12/12/15 09:05 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

Yamaha is probably the only manufacturer that has done that very thing. If you recall, Steve Demming, Yamaha's Customer Service Rep, posted "Yamaha Listens" on this, and a few other forums. The response was overwhelming, and the number of posts by forum members was quite high.

Well, they obviously, did listen and many of the requests were implemented in arranger keyboards and synths that came out during the ensuing years. While some folks referred to these changes as "Baby Steps", in reality, they were anything but baby steps. Some required a fair degree of engineering to complete, and Yamaha, for the most, provided arranger keyboard players with the features they asked for. Not all, but most of the new features were ones requested here and on the PSR Tutorial forum.

Now, Yamaha is a very, very successful company that produces a wide variety of high-quality products, including musical instruments. I'm confident that they have a task force that looks very carefully into each and every upgrade, analyzing the cost factors, and benefits of those upgrades and features before they are fully implemented. So, some folks are not going to get the features they desire, while others will - that's why they've been so successful over several decades.

In the past I've suggested sending a letter to Steve Demming of Yamaha USA stating your likes and dislikes about any particular keyboard. Steve has always been very cooperative in these matters in the past, and there is no reason that he would not be receptive to a letter written today.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#412968 - 12/12/15 09:21 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

j

Useless...

Because the stuff we will see in a tyros 6 has been developed allready.... If they do a survey now, it will last 4 to 5 years till you see results, thats as long as it takes to develop new (major) features...

As said before, the yamaha software is highly modular, so they can use it on all their instruments... And these modules nicely sit in a database till Yamaha decides an (other) instrument needs it.

You cant do a syrvey right now and expect to see results in the next instrument..

All features i described above, are allready in that yamaha database, so its much much more then random speculation..

#412969 - 12/12/15 09:48 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

[quote]
You cant do a survey right now and expect to see results in the next instrument..

personally I'm in no rush at all, .....what we already have is way more then enough to create amazing music with an arranger,...
that said, if new things take 5-10 yrs so be it,...I'm happy with what is available now in an arranger KB. cool2

#412979 - 12/12/15 10:28 AM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Marcus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, it only took about two years before things such as case color change to black and supertwist LCD screens came into play after that post on this forum. In tech terms, that is warp speed for something like this to be implemented. Same held true for many of the software updates that were requested. Now, I'm sure some of these changes may have already been considered, but I really don't know if they were in the works or not. Only the folks at Yamaha know. However, you must give Yamaha credit for providing most of the changes that were asked for by consumers. I cannot think of another manufacturer that has done that, unless you consider Ketron, but AJ made those changes - not the manufacturer.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#412991 - 12/12/15 01:49 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Bachus, it only took about two years before things such as case color change to black and supertwist LCD screens came into play after that post on this forum. In tech terms, that is warp speed for something like this to be implemented. Same held true for many of the software updates that were requested. Now, I'm sure some of these changes may have already been considered, but I really don't know if they were in the works or not. Only the folks at Yamaha know. However, you must give Yamaha credit for providing most of the changes that were asked for by consumers. I cannot think of another manufacturer that has done that, unless you consider Ketron, but AJ made those changes - not the manufacturer.

All the best,

Gary cool

I am not criticising Yamaha at all... I think they are creating the best arrangers for my taste...

If i compare Yamaha to its greatest competition Korg, i can see many paralels with apple vs android.. Both apple and yamaha are masters in creating the most fluent experience possible... Where android and Korg excell in giving people most freedom possible...

#412993 - 12/12/15 02:51 PM Re: Tyros 6 [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

I think when you keep aneye at NAMM 2016 and the new Montage that should rise there, you will see what Yamaha can do with their latest technollogy, ...

I see a Montage rising in the DAWN wink It would be high time for a new workstation, but the market for up-market workstations has come to such a halt in recent years, I'm already afraid of seeing all those disappointed long faces once again at NAMM..., let's hope not. On the other hand, as long as there isn't a Montage, my MoXF is still a synth with flagship sounds smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online