SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#411363 - 11/14/15 11:00 AM I am now part of the Light Weight Gang!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Thanks to Frank from Audioworks (Who gave me a great deal) I am now proud owner of a brand new PSR-S970 smile smile smile
I bought this KB for smaller gigs where I don't need all the bells and whistles of my beloved Tyros4.
Love the weight and size for logging it around compared to the Tyros4.
Got it a couple of days ago. Transferring my registrations and custom sounds and styles.
So far I am impressed with the sound. smile
Hooked it up to my Bose next to the T4.
I know folks have compared it to the T5 and said that the T5 sounds better, which it should.
However; when playing the same style on both keyboards with same setting I can't hear a difference to my T4. smile
The only thing I have to get used to is the new button lay out which shouldn't take long and the softer keys with no aftertouch. Played the Tyros keybed for to long .... wink
As a guitar player I love the new guitars and DSP's.
Especially the new WahWah guitars ...
Not sure about the DJ styles yet. Very gimmicky.
The new Arpeggiator function looks interesting. There are tons of them.
Something I did not realize before, is that you can assign them to ANY sound. Which gives you endless possibility.
New Audio Styles sound great. Fun to play with. Really nice groove.
New display looks great and gives me the same info as my T4.

Only sad thing is that I have to work all weekend....
No time to play. Grrrr.

Now I know why it sells like hot cakes and I had to wait so long to get mine.
It is a really nice board for the money with lots and lots of possibilities.
I loaded my expansion pack and my custom sounds which makes it like a little T4. Have to tweak my custom styles a little, but shouldn't take to long...

I am a very happy camper :):):) keys headphone dance2

Eric

#411365 - 11/14/15 11:29 AM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: Eric, B]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Good for you, Eric ... enjoy ...

#411367 - 11/14/15 11:40 AM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: tony mads usa]
Eric, B Offline

Thanks Tony wink

#411368 - 11/14/15 11:41 AM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Good choice on both Eric S970,& buying from Frank, ... Congrats! use it well.

#411369 - 11/14/15 11:45 AM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Thank you Donny. I will wink

#411371 - 11/14/15 01:09 PM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: Eric, B]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Welcome to the lightweight club, Eric. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#411372 - 11/14/15 01:29 PM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: travlin'easy]
Eric, B Offline

Thanks Gary smile
Feels good to be in it.
Especially for my back.... wink
Eric

#411374 - 11/14/15 02:33 PM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: Eric, B]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Glad to hear you are enjoying your 970.

However, for the benefit of those who say they are getting the PSR over a Tyros because it's a lot lighter, I would like to point out it's only a few pounds different.

In this case the 970 is 25.57 lbs and the T4 is 31 pounds. So, for someone wanting to get the PSR because of a weight difference of 5.43 lbs and calling that a lightweight keyboard because of it has always made me chuckle through the years.

#411375 - 11/14/15 02:53 PM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: Scott Langholff]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
Glad to hear you are enjoying your 970.

However, for the benefit of those who say they are getting the PSR over a Tyros because it's a lot lighter, I would like to point out it's only a few pounds different.

In this case the 970 is 25.57 lbs and the T4 is 31 pounds. So, for someone wanting to get the PSR because of a weight difference of 5.43 lbs and calling that a lightweight keyboard because of it has always made me chuckle through the years.

Sometimes, it's not so much the weight, as it is the volume. This applies to any object. For example, it's easier to lift a 20lb. dumbbell, than it is to lift a 5 by 7 foot frame of the same weight. Not to mention the fact that it's much easier to fit a smaller keyboard into the car.

Edited by Mikem (11/14/15 02:54 PM)

#411377 - 11/14/15 02:56 PM Re: I am now part of the Light Weight Gang! [Re: Eric, B]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Eric, B
Thanks to Frank from Audioworks (Who gave me a great deal) I am now proud owner of a brand new PSR-S970 smile smile smile
I bought this KB for smaller gigs where I don't need all the bells and whistles of my beloved Tyros4.
Love the weight and size for logging it around compared to the Tyros4.
Got it a couple of days ago. Transferring my registrations and custom sounds and styles.
So far I am impressed with the sound. smile
Hooked it up to my Bose next to the T4.
I know folks have compared it to the T5 and said that the T5 sounds better, which it should.
However; when playing the same style on both keyboards with same setting I can't hear a difference to my T4. smile
The only thing I have to get used to is the new button lay out which shouldn't take long and the softer keys with no aftertouch. Played the Tyros keybed for to long .... wink
As a guitar player I love the new guitars and DSP's.
Especially the new WahWah guitars ...
Not sure about the DJ styles yet. Very gimmicky.
The new Arpeggiator function looks interesting. There are tons of them.
Something I did not realize before, is that you can assign them to ANY sound. Which gives you endless possibility.
New Audio Styles sound great. Fun to play with. Really nice groove.
New display looks great and gives me the same info as my T4.

Only sad thing is that I have to work all weekend....
No time to play. Grrrr.

Now I know why it sells like hot cakes and I had to wait so long to get mine.
It is a really nice board for the money with lots and lots of possibilities.
I loaded my expansion pack and my custom sounds which makes it like a little T4. Have to tweak my custom styles a little, but shouldn't take to long...

I am a very happy camper :):):) keys headphone dance2

Eric

I like the fact that you said the S970 sounds the same as the Tyros 4 when playing the same style. That's very encouraging.
Thanks for your review!

Congratulations on your purchase, and keep having fun!

Edited by Mikem (11/14/15 02:57 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online